Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deer Knight for all Death Students

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
I have always thought it was ridiculous that the only multiple hit spells for Death school are Scarecrow and Avenging Fossil which take 7 and 10 pips. Deer Knight on the other hand only takes 5 pips and can easily be powered up to do more damage with blades, traps, and astral. It is completely unfair that loads of Death school monsters can use Deer Knight, but the only wizards that can use the spell are the extremely lucky few that happen to get the spell as a legendary drop from the Loremaster. I myself have killed the Loremaster once and didn't get any at all decent drops from her. If all Death wizards level 50 and over got a quest from Dworgyn to get Deer Knight this would even the playing field as Osseus Nightreaver says.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
darktheif666 on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
I have always thought it was ridiculous that the only multiple hit spells for Death school are Scarecrow and Avenging Fossil which take 7 and 10 pips. Deer Knight on the other hand only takes 5 pips and can easily be powered up to do more damage with blades, traps, and astral. It is completely unfair that loads of Death school monsters can use Deer Knight, but the only wizards that can use the spell are the extremely lucky few that happen to get the spell as a legendary drop from the Loremaster. I myself have killed the Loremaster once and didn't get any at all decent drops from her. If all Death wizards level 50 and over got a quest from Dworgyn to get Deer Knight this would even the playing field as Osseus Nightreaver says.
Khrulu is another multi hit spell you missed that is for death

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Deer Knight isn't as rare as your post claims it is, there's several different ways to get the card besides Loremaster farming.

As a matter a fact, most death wizards crafted it when they reached the recipe vendor. Others used a triangle jewel, and some people just got lucky with the Knight's Lore Pack.

Death monsters being able to use Deer Knight is really only true for death monsters in the third arc (except for Malistare himself) and by that point you have Call of Khurulu/Lulu/Squidward's Evil Cousin and it doesn't really matter at that point. This would have been a better argument for Death Ninja Pigs, because I swear that's all they ever use after Grizzleheim and it might be useful in pvp with a few adjustments.

If you want a low pip AOE spell, save up some gold and hatch for a Gloomy Eye pet. When it hits adult, you'll get the Colossafrog spell and it's considered the best pet for death wizards before they get Deer Knight or Scarecrow.

Amber Dreamflower 125

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
thatgrumpypanda on Aug 4, 2018 wrote:
Deer Knight isn't as rare as your post claims it is, there's several different ways to get the card besides Loremaster farming.

As a matter a fact, most death wizards crafted it when they reached the recipe vendor. Others used a triangle jewel, and some people just got lucky with the Knight's Lore Pack.

Death monsters being able to use Deer Knight is really only true for death monsters in the third arc (except for Malistare himself) and by that point you have Call of Khurulu/Lulu/Squidward's Evil Cousin and it doesn't really matter at that point. This would have been a better argument for Death Ninja Pigs, because I swear that's all they ever use after Grizzleheim and it might be useful in pvp with a few adjustments.

If you want a low pip AOE spell, save up some gold and hatch for a Gloomy Eye pet. When it hits adult, you'll get the Colossafrog spell and it's considered the best pet for death wizards before they get Deer Knight or Scarecrow.

Amber Dreamflower 125
Oh my goodness, Colossafrog! I used so much of that TC before I got Deer knight and I just LOVE the animation!

I agree with your post - if a death wizard hasn't got deer knight from another source by the time they can craft it, they craft it instead. The TC is easy to get as well so I used that as well as Colossafrog. I hadn't got Scarecrow yet so used the TC version from my deadly helephant ears.

I'd love to see Death Ninja Pigs as trainable and craftable!