Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Change?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2015
I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice to be able to change your name?

Perhaps most of us made our wizards way back in the day, like me, and at that moment, I thought a cool rad name like "Jason FlameBringer" (no offense to those who have that name) would sound nice. But now, it just seems a bit childish to say the least. I'd love to have the name "Karic Sun." It sounds so nice and really "fire", me being a pyromancer and all.

What I'm trying to say is, there are names we probably regret giving to our wizards. Perhaps there should be a thing were once you reach max gold, you can change your name. I realize this may cause a problem with friends, for if they met Jason FlameBringer, they'll be wondering why a Karic Sun is messaging them, among other problems I can't think of right now. But still....

Wouldn't it be cool?

Survivor
Jul 17, 2018
I partially concur with your opinion. However, I personally believe that only surnames should be changed, and not first names.

There are a variety of reasons for doing so - maybe IRL, the player went through something family related, and he/she simply wants to change their character's surname for the sake of correlating their in-game persona with real life.

Maybe you've realized that your character's surname sounds kind of weird and childish: e.g. "Abigail OgrePants," "Mycim FrogRider," etc.

Of course, there should be a fee to change this, and the option should be located in the Crowns shop. The fee itself should be relatively cheap to medium in pricing, and the gold alternative should be massive in correlation with the Crowns-to-Gold exchange rate.

-Valdus Dreamtail