Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-27-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! It's Friday, and you know what that means... it's time for another topic!

You may notice that's it's just a little bit cooler in The Spiral this week, if only because it's Christmas in July! We celebrated on KI Live yesterday, and in the spirit of the season and the popularity of a certain spell, I'd like to ask - what other spells could we winterize like the reindeer knight? I think it would be fun to see the Fire Dragon decked out in his holiday best... how about you?

Looking forward to your thoughts, everyone. Have a fiery Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Wings of Fate - but instead of hitting and healing it just hits and is a DoT spell like Reindeer Knight, and instead of geese they’re Christmas turkeys!

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Professor Falmea on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
Hi Wizards! It's Friday, and you know what that means... it's time for another topic!

You may notice that's it's just a little bit cooler in The Spiral this week, if only because it's Christmas in July! We celebrated on KI Live yesterday, and in the spirit of the season and the popularity of a certain spell, I'd like to ask - what other spells could we winterize like the reindeer knight? I think it would be fun to see the Fire Dragon decked out in his holiday best... how about you?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Maybe.. a Cyclops? It would be rank 5 and A Cyclops would appear very excited for Christmas presents and there will be a chance he will get one or get none if he gets none he gets mad and attacks everybody with exploding presents (excluding the Person whocasted it and their team) if he gets a present he heals the entire team (450 damage each or 700 hp each)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Please make the next winterized spell a death spell! We only have 2 loremaster spells while most have 2-3!

Maybe ice angel? Could be a santa on top of a reindeer?

Survivor
Jan 05, 2009
I’m not sure the spell name since I’m a fire wizard, but it would be cool to see an ice spell have Santa (or the spell dressed as him). Or maybe the leperachan life spell throw candy instead of gold??

I’m also here to ask a question (I tried making a post but it didn’t work)
Training Points are too expensive to reset all at once. I’m not asking for the use of gold for Training Points but the ability to select which cards we want to trade back for training Points and have the crown amount be stacked up that that way. With this ability, even higher leveled characters can get a discount on the amount of crowns they have to use. Hope you take this concern into consideration!

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
I think that the christmas elf spell (christmas elf pet gives it out) should be changed so that it is an actual christmas elf and not a sad fire elf:
Ice/snow everywhere with snowflakes falling
Little "workshop" appears where the elf tree usually is.
Elf does his hopping around motion but dressed as the pet

Another one I would say is sandstorm/leafstorm (maybe making it into a myth/ice spell) is something like giftstorm
Little christmas tree pops up
Presents underneath the tree start swirling along with the tree
head towards enemy (tree now gone in the swarm of presents) and smash into them like the regular sandstorm
Lastly, how about some nice moon morphs like Krampus, Reindeer knight, or any other holiday themed characters. These could carry all of the holiday spells we already have, plus a few balance blades, and natural attacks.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2010
Polymorph Krampus spell also Why not a life verison of deer knight?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
You could make a death spell based on wraith and make it "Ghost of Christmas Past"! Dress the wraith up to look a little more winter-y (blue/white robes or red/green), instead of graves have presents, and instead of a scythe something like a staff of holly?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Professor Falmea on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:

Here are some ideas that might be fun as Holiday TCs or something: I'm including at least one based off of a spell for each school, because I generally tend to do that! I do admit that I think that I would want the First one for as an Ice Spell for my Thaumatuge!

-Snowstorm or Flurry- A snowflurry appears and does damage to all enemies- looks like Leafstorm/Sandstorm but is Snow and and Ice spell! Maybe could just be an update to the current blizzard spell in that sometimes it does the current animation and othertimes the old animation?

-Santa- Ice giant, but instead of it being an Ice Giant it's Santa as he swings a hammer down on the naughty googlies!

-Carolers Shriek A banshee in her Christmas dress and bonnet misses her note and let's out a horrible sound! Imp attack effects with notes.

-Christmas Elf- A Christmas elf appears (similar to the pet) and jumps off a toy workshop bench and shoots a candy cane arrow at the enemy.
-OR-
Summon Krampus- Summon a minion of Krampus that is a slightly buffed version of the Sir Lamorick.

-Santa's Bag. Imagine Humongofrog, but instead of a giant frog it is a giant bag full of toys and candy that tips over and rains down on the target.

-GIANT TODDLER-Picture the hand from the Regenerate Spell, but with toys on the ground underneath. It reaches out of the sky and instead of pointing, tries to grab the enemy! It's as if a giant toddler doesn't want to share his toys.

-Humbugs- I see this as a myth spell for some reason, but anyway imagine Glowbugs but more yellowy and showing up from a christmas tree as opposed to a swamp and they look like Scrooges with scarfs, beards and tophats.

-Toyzilla- Stormzilla, but he looks more mechanical and has a giant windup on his back because he's a toy!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I want more holiday spells for other holidays. Like valentines, st patricks, halloween, etc. and maybe dropped by other holiday sources than loremaster like krampus/nosferabbit

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
A Snow Frog that regurgitates a variety of Christmas candies, cookies and gingerbread men over all enemies.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I think all the main school ones can.... ie: forest lord- make him white and instead of leaves, piles of snow.. you got it.
Woolly Mamoth,

Unicorn..... Lady Oriel, Bartleby (make him look like a christmas tree, and double the strength)
Heck hound (any of the hounds).. you can decorate his dog house.

the headless horseman even... add lights to the trees and it's nightmare before xmas.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Survivor
Apr 11, 2014
Life should definitely get a grinch like spell

Survivor
Nov 26, 2016
little off topic, but it would be cool if we had a back to school pack with a minor utility spell that all schools could benefit from.... Light Prism(balance spell 0 pips) a prism converts damage between fire&ice, myth&storm, and death&life.
lh3.googleusercontent.com/o5PtH9hqtFKyvDceYVRl_anbxxthNMVQ8wSfS4oSos7xfFv-Y7sCtb9tVJTa6D1Lhpgp=s85

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Forest Lord

Instead of calling up 2 trees from the Earth - he could yank 4 Christmas Trees off his back and slam them down in the same place. They are all decked out and he's wearing a Santa suit but the trees are in a pack like arrows in a quiver. And instead of roaring at the foe he laughs a mighty laugh that bowels them over. (the foes)

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
How about a version of Witch's House Call where a witch is riding a gingerbread house? Oh, and the witch could be dressed like Mrs. Santa Clause too. The spell could also summon a gingerbread minion afterwards like the ones that Krampus summons.

Another more obvious one would be a version of Nature's Wrath that has a Christmas Tree treant. We've already got a Christmas Treant mount so I'm surprised this one hasn't been done already. The treant could have several presents placed around him instead of boulders, and he would pick one up and throw it at the target.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
I think a yuletide forest lord would be really cool. He would look like a yeti, and instead of raising normal trees he raises pine trees.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
How about a Fire healing spell that uses the animation of meteor strike. Just replace the meteors with presents, or maybe some sort of candy. :P

Judgement, but instead of hitting a scale, she hits a bell? I'm not very great at this.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Life spell - The bad grinch aka gobbler, that stole health from the other team, then turned good and gave his team the health.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Mittensk beat me to the Forest Lord suggestion, except I was going to suggest Abominable Forest Lord as the name of the spell.

Leprechaun could be transformed into a Christmas Elf. It could come out of a stocking hanging over a fireplace and through Christmas candy.

How about in addition to winterizing spells, making a special seasonal spell that is universal for each holiday? Meaning that it isn't Life or Death Or Ice or Fire or Storm or Myth or Balance but one that any school can learn.

i.e.
CLAUS - A magical being flies into frame in his reindeer-powered sleigh transport. He drops gifts (health or blades) on the good children (our wizards) and coal damage on the mob.

Fast Away it Passes - Father Time steps into frame and gathers time (health from the mob) spins and becomes Baby New Year and gives the time (health) to our wizards.

The Pang of a Broken Heart - (Redress of Fire Elf) Cupid bounces around and shoots at the recipient. A low damage over time (say 15/round) hits the recipient but instead of vanishing after three rounds it stays until death or someone gives the recipient a heart (heal)

Trick or Treat - as it is cast all we see is the interior of house at the front door. The door opens and EVERY monster from EVERY other spell is there in miniaturized version. This tiny mob of trick or treaters throw rocks at the recipient of the spell doing a significant amount of damage.

I would suggest giving these spells to Loremaster to hand out on a 1 in 10 chance.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Can you make Felix Navidad really look like him. I think its kind of stupid to see a boy wearing a santa suit. Won't it be better to purchase items from an old fat man with glasses?
Andrew

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
I think polaris should be decorated for Xmas and that it wizard city it snows during christmas

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Turn Satyr into a Christmas Caroler, then it be an , . You could also do Winter Fairy, Christmas Sprite. For winterized spells in general, then Seraph into a Yuletide Spirit (spell form), Frosty Rampage instead of Burning Rampage, Gifts from Above instead of Fire from Above, Availing Frostbite, where instead it's an ice heal over time.