Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

tunasaurus rex ???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
on the very first day that the Azteca fishing started I caught 10 of the 11 fish the one I am missing is the tunasaurus rex ice, ranked 3, and supposably found in saltmeadow swamp.every day I get 166 energy I use summon fish spell 10 points and I use winnow ice fish spell 7 points .I have done this since the second day of Azteca fishing and not one ice fish ( tunasarurs rex ) has been found . I know it's an epic fish but come on people I caught the Parrot fish the first cast and that was an epic. I know fishing is not part of the main game but wasting energy on trying to catch one fish gets quite irritating when I could be using it else where Please make the tunasarus rex a little more frequent .Zero is not acceptable.Any one else having problems catching this fish ?

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
ya, I did, he finally showed up after 4 days of re-setting the pond, ice winnow and charm fish.
I finally saw it being downloaded on my account on the top left of the screen. Then I knew it was there.
Just have to search which pond he is in. Mine was in the pond between the monkeys. Good luck

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
yes same for me. been resetting and using winnow for about 5 days now and not one ice fish in saltmeadow swamp. has anyone caught one and is it definititely ice school

Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
Add another day to it . Is there really a tunasaurus rex? I'm starting to think not .

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
I have also been having trouble with this one. I will probably just wait until the next free fishing perk comes along and then make a weekend of it. (Looking at you too, Musushi!)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Have any of you been trying:
Summon Fish; Winnow Ice then Reveal Fish School?

It's possible if you just looked for him that he was there but hiding. I've caught all of the fish on 9 wizards and Tunasaurus Rex was mischievous!

He was almost always hiding under rocks. There is also more water by the cave, 2 sections before it and another on the other side of it...and more pools over the snake bridge too.

When reveal fish school says 'no fish affected' I'd summon again and start over, but almost every time it made it's sound and something was affected, when I looked for him I didn't find him straight away. As I waited he'd come swimming out from under the rocks!

I found him 3 times by the monkeys, once in the largest pool in front of the cave (the cave with dungeons in it) and the other 5 times he was in the water just the other side of the cave, before you cross the snake bridge. There are rocks near the monkeys where he hid and also on the other side of the cave he can get under the rocks at the end (like he's swimming under the dungeon in the cave).

I didn't use charm fish because there are too many pools (9 total).

I hope this helps and reveal fish helps you find him more quickly!

Hero
May 27, 2009
Winnow Rank 3 if you have it. Saltmeadow Swamp is a huge area, be sure to check the Nesting Grounds.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
OMG I finally caught it ,it was in the nesting garden on the other side of the caves that seemed like it took forever .

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Willowydream on Jul 23, 2018 wrote:
Winnow Rank 3 if you have it. Saltmeadow Swamp is a huge area, be sure to check the Nesting Grounds.

No need to winnow rank because it's the only ice fish in the area. Winnow ice will clear everything except Tunasaurus Rex