Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you believe that revisiting worlds is good?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 12, 2016
So, there are many worlds in Wizard101 that I wished we had spent more time in, or that I believe could be further explored.

This worked well in Pirate101, as it allowed for worlds to be further explored without feeling boring or unoriginal.
However they would be somewhat easier to produce than an entirely new world, as there are already assets for it in the game.

For example, there is an entire street level to all the zones in Marleybone that we haven't seen,

And frankly, if you are able to go by boat to Zigazag, then why not to other parts of Krokotopia?
I mean, it's a world full of dark magics, you can take the story anywhere there.
Or you could make them small little side worlds.
Like a Wysteria type of affair but for higher levels.

So, readers, what would be your opinion on the idea I have posted?

Survivor
May 06, 2012
I believe this was already solved by dungeons like Barkingham and Zigazag. I’d feel bored if instead of a new, exciting world, KI put their energy into us going back to Krokotopia or marleybone for the third time. Please no haha

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Absolutely. Complete total agreement here.

Yes there is a complete ground level to what we've seen in Marleybone. Not to mention the fact that P101 shows a far more extensive version of both Marleybone and Mooshu. There are more to the worlds of W101 than our Wizards have seen and/or experienced.

The addition of Barkingham Palace and Zig Zag have shown that more can be added without the revisit feeling stale or boring. Just look at the world of Krokotopia, the entirety of the world is contained within an are visible from the Oasis. There has got to be more nearby. Where do the Manders live?

I would love to revisit some of the older worlds with quests available to higher level wizards. Just because KI would be adding additional areas to existing worlds doesn't mean that it would repetitive.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
awsomehq on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
So, there are many worlds in Wizard101 that I wished we had spent more time in, or that I believe could be further explored.

This worked well in Pirate101, as it allowed for worlds to be further explored without feeling boring or unoriginal.
However they would be somewhat easier to produce than an entirely new world, as there are already assets for it in the game.

For example, there is an entire street level to all the zones in Marleybone that we haven't seen,

And frankly, if you are able to go by boat to Zigazag, then why not to other parts of Krokotopia?
I mean, it's a world full of dark magics, you can take the story anywhere there.
Or you could make them small little side worlds.
Like a Wysteria type of affair but for higher levels.

So, readers, what would be your opinion on the idea I have posted?
I think if there was a healthy mix that would be fine. I think that the previous two posts illustrate that it is kind of a fine line. Some people are okay with it and others would be greatly saddened if that was the focus. That being said, I personally am in a little in the middle. I love seeing new worlds, but at the same time, I think that there is a lot of potential to explore existing worlds. I'd love to see more Krokotopia, Wysteria and Polaris, but you really could go anywhere.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2016
exp613 on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
I think if there was a healthy mix that would be fine. I think that the previous two posts illustrate that it is kind of a fine line. Some people are okay with it and others would be greatly saddened if that was the focus. That being said, I personally am in a little in the middle. I love seeing new worlds, but at the same time, I think that there is a lot of potential to explore existing worlds. I'd love to see more Krokotopia, Wysteria and Polaris, but you really could go anywhere.
Making them shorter side affairs rather than the big show would be better, no one wants to try and hype up the new world then end up with an addendum to a previous one.

I think it should be done for the shorter worlds, Wysteria, Polaris are decent suggestions.

Just no Khrysalis Part 3
No one wants that. Bleh.