Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pomperiino

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
So I've been fishing at the Garden of Hesperides with the sole mission of catching the epic Pomperiino. So I've been winnowing to make it all fire fish and then winnowing for only rank 3. But multiple times now after I've casted rank 3 winnow there has been fish in the pond and I catch them thinking they have to be the fish I'm looking for but they're Ikoirus or basking in the sun sharks, which are ranked 2. I'm certain I haven't casted the rank 2 winnow. I thought I had used the school winnow and then rank winnow strategy before. But it has been a while since I've fished. Can you only winnow once? Seriously, what's going on?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
juwanaman9 on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
So I've been fishing at the Garden of Hesperides with the sole mission of catching the epic Pomperiino. So I've been winnowing to make it all fire fish and then winnowing for only rank 3. But multiple times now after I've casted rank 3 winnow there has been fish in the pond and I catch them thinking they have to be the fish I'm looking for but they're Ikoirus or basking in the sun sharks, which are ranked 2. I'm certain I haven't casted the rank 2 winnow. I thought I had used the school winnow and then rank winnow strategy before. But it has been a while since I've fished. Can you only winnow once? Seriously, what's going on?
You can use winnows in the way you've described. That's the easiest way to catch the Pompeiino. I'm not sure how you've got rank 2 fish there. I'd check that I have the right winnow and check that I have waited enough time between the winnows to cast it. The first winnow has to have completed or clicking the second doesn't do anything (we can't cast them simultaneously).

If you're doing everything right and it's still leaving the wrong fish in the pond you could contact KI and submit a ticket to report the bug.

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on!

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
I eventually caught it. I started casting the rank 3 winnow before the fire winnow and the problem stopped.