Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should they add a pity threshold for packs?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
What I mean by this is: should they make it so that if you buy a large quantity of a certain pack, that you would be able to choose an item from that pack (The threshold would reset after selecting one item). Naturally this wouldn't be a small threshold. It should at least be no lower than 100 packs. Doing this could possibly benefit KI when it comes to pack income. Though they would lose money from those who are willing to continue to purchase a pack until they get what they want, they would gain money from those who would be willing to buy more packs than usual in order to reach that threshold. Another question that should be asked is if spells should be included in this threshold. I personally think that the craftable spells should not be, while the pack exclusive spells should be. I can't be the only one who thinks that it's absurd that you may not get the item that you're going for, even if you spend an egregious amount of money.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
They should!

Happy customers = more money spent!

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I think it would be better if they just stopped repetitive items meaning that if you got a broom stick mount in the first pack you should not get the same exact mount in the same or next pack. This way they will still make money and people will still have a chance to get what they want depending on how many packs they buy. I see that as a win win situation.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Pyle1197 on Jul 11, 2018 wrote:
I think it would be better if they just stopped repetitive items meaning that if you got a broom stick mount in the first pack you should not get the same exact mount in the same or next pack. This way they will still make money and people will still have a chance to get what they want depending on how many packs they buy. I see that as a win win situation.
That would encourage me to buy more packs.

When I was younger and bought collector cards, I would buy a whole box. On average, I would get at least two complete sets of the series. One complete set of the rare cards and at least one of the ultra rare cards.

Having the algorithm reset for each pack means you got far to many of the common cards and any of the good stuff is a lottery. Personally, the algorithm should be written that if "x" number of packs are bought at once then your chance of getting the ultra rare item increases by "x" for THAT purchase.

Just my two cents
Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
May 06, 2012
I like this idea, but 100 is an extremely high limit. That is over 50$ of crowns spent on packs. Why would I spend 50$ on packs to choose one item when I could get an entire bundle for less than that? Perhaps 40 or so would be more fair

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Ooh this is very appealing to me and I believe it will be to many other players as well!

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Area51Alien on Jul 12, 2018 wrote:
That would encourage me to buy more packs.

When I was younger and bought collector cards, I would buy a whole box. On average, I would get at least two complete sets of the series. One complete set of the rare cards and at least one of the ultra rare cards.

Having the algorithm reset for each pack means you got far to many of the common cards and any of the good stuff is a lottery. Personally, the algorithm should be written that if "x" number of packs are bought at once then your chance of getting the ultra rare item increases by "x" for THAT purchase.

Just my two cents
Steven Ghoststalker
Would the algorithm reset every time you get an ultra rare or epic item? If it did, that would be pretty much be as bad as it is now, being that some 7-day mounts are ultra rare. The reason I like the idea of being able to select an item from the pack is: You may really want a particular item from that pack, but not want the other rare things in the pack. In other games, it's set up in a way that if you continue purchasing the loots boxes, you're guaranteed to eventually get the item you're going after. Ex: In smite, the chests have a limited number of items in them, and once you get an item, you can't get it again. Naturally this wouldn't work with the way the packs are set up, so that's why I like the idea of being able to choose an item from the pack. In its current form, I don't see how the packs are anything other than glorified gambling.