Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ban certain cards

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Trigon101060 on Jun 26, 2018 wrote:
To help fix the unpleasantness that PVP has caused lately, i'm creating a thread on which I want you guys to comment as to what spells you want banned from PVP.

My suggestions are as followed:

STORM:

. Insane bolt
. Wild bolt
. Iron sultan

FIRE:

. Burning rampage
. Fire beetle
. Efreet
. Scorching scimitars

ICE:

. Abominable weaver
. Winter moon

DEATH:

. Qismah's curse
. Bad juju
. Poison
. Sacrifice
. Beugile

MYTH:

. Snake charmer
. Earthquake
. Medusa

LIFE:

. Guardian spirit
. Brown spider
. Luminous weaver
. Llamasu

BALANCE:

. Loremaster
. Supernova
. Mana burn
. Gaze of fate
. Judgement
people have opinions, jewel, you said you'd respect their opinions jewel, you sa-

There is literally no reason why you should ban the following

Wild Bolt [this can low-roll so easily]
Iron Sultan [what?]
Burning Rampage [Just put up another shield?]
Fire Beetle [It's literally fuel]
Scorching Scimitars [what? v2]
Qismah's Curse [what? v3]
Poison [it's literally a Death DoT]
Sacrifice [this would use up blades if any were down on a death wiz, otherwise it's literally just a 3-pip Dryad and you take a little bit of damage]
Snake Charmer [what? v4]
Can't say Brown Spider for sure since I'm not sure what it does, but if it only does damage then definitely not
Same for Llamasu
Gaze of Fate [come on now, this one's probably the most out-there choice so far]
Judgement [I stand corrected!]

I can understand the following, but think no action is needed

Insane Bolt [come on, I understand it can't low-roll, but if it hits the caster, then you win automatically]
Efreet [read Juju below]
Abominable Weaver [it's literally Ice's best single-hit, are you going to try to take that from us? Shrike exists btw]
Bad Juju [it was recently nerfed, just pack cleanse tc]
Beguile [completely redundant in 1v1 but I do get your point here]
Guardian Spirit [this can be annoying if you only rely on one hit, but that's why I always keep two]
Luminous Weaver [Read Juju, except you really don't need a cleanse in most situations]
Supernova [Auras are nice to have but they don't boost you THAT much]
Mana Burn [Can be spammed, sure, but that's why the shadow hits exist now]

The following are some that can be pretty annoying in some situations, even for me, and I somewhat agree with you

Winter Moon [yeah it's a stun and can be spammed, I agree here]
Earthquake [just annoying to deal with]
Medusa [2-turn stun? yeah I'm with you here]
Loremaster [can be spammed, weakness etc]

The four above are literally all of the cards that need adjustments for PvP in my opinion. Maybe less than that.

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
get rid of that guardian life spell that is bull that they allow in pvp, its not fare to anyone, they shouldn't be allowed to recast over and over when they get hit, its bull, and you know it is,it shouldn't be allowed period in rank,im done with wasting money in this game

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
played a life and balance and they both used that guardian life spell , they put max spells in, and heals and a few hits and many reshuffles also, this isn't fare to others who want affair fight, if that's all they rely upon then they should make it so that they can only use it once ,and that it can not be put back in as a reshuffle, just like reshuffles they don't go back into play you put 3 in you don't get 3 back so why do it with the guardian life , I like a fare fight, not someone who plays as if that's the only way to play it so we go for hours in the game put a timer on the rank so then it will make a fare pvp match, just saying 2-3 hours that is rediculous

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
To help fix the unpleasantness that PVP has caused lately, i'm creating a thread on which I want you guys to comment as to what spells you want banned from PVP.

STORM:

. Insane bolt
. Wild bolt
. Iron sultan

FIRE:

. Burning rampage
. Fire beetle
. Efreet
. Scorching scimitars

ICE:

. Abominable weaver
. Winter moon

DEATH:

. Qismah's curse
. Bad juju
. Poison
. Sacrifice
. Beugile

MYTH:

. Snake charmer
. Earthquake
. Medusa

LIFE:

. Guardian spirit
. Brown spider
. Luminous weaver
. Llamasu

BALANCE:

. Loremaster
. Supernova
. Mana burn
. Gaze of fate
. Judgement
Comment: no ban certain spells matter of fact storm need new spells cause we lost considerable 5 spells as it is like Insane spell very useless in pvp killed us all the time 10 to 1 ratio, wild bolt spell nothing but random not reliable, healing spell random not reliable, Catalan not bad still has weakness very weak only drop -25 accuracy to the opponent would not fizzle the opponent and the last one is the RUSALKA'S WRATH spell drop minus -30 or +30 but must of the time drop the minus -30 and storm really struggle in PVP we're like being trash in the arena also our Health very weak we can't stand too long in the battle. We need help badly in order to compete against another schools.
list of spells not reliable in the arena these are very random spells
Insane
Wild Bolt
Healing

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
AngelAngleWeave on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
I believe this thread could head in the right direction for pvp, however I do not agree with most details listed. I believe insane bolt is a big issue, however more so ramp, guardian and lore. Ramp and lore are both great attributes to each school, however there needs to be minor fixes with each spell. Ramp is to overpowered and lore needs to be 5 pips, possibly decreasing the accuracy or weakness charm. However I will agree shadow spells need to be issued and guardian spirit needs to only be available for life at the level it was intended for.
Insane it's not and issue cause we storm can't rely on it also very weak spell what is need to be remove is the Life Guardian spell revive after defeated from the opponent that's not fair I fought several Life wizard I defeated him or she like 5 times revived over and over after death until I run out of spell cards.
what's the issue here is that Ice school has been pampered with there health and resistance it's ludicrous there base resistance alone started with 65% and up also there health way to high and plus there damage almost level up from the rest of the schools cause of the big spell there having now way too much to handle for the rest of the schools.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
deathsummoner4 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
If spells were to be nerfed/banned, I reckon they should always come up with an idea to counter the loss of that school rather than turning a blind eye.
spells need to be NERF should be the the life guardian spell revive after death, lore master tune spammer down, juju tune the spammer down

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
Jeremy Firestaff on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
I think for balance that Lore and Manaburn are the two that need to be fixed. Now that Ki has fixed dispel so that you can only dispel once per round, unless you have the time to take of the shield, Ki now needs to deal with manaburn in the same way. You can't compete with balance when they are constantly pulling your pips. Loremaster I think needs to be worth five pips, or they need to do away with one of the charms, either, the weakness, or the accuracy charm. But in general, I don't think we need to do away with everyone's spells. But I do think, to make it a more offensive match on both sides, it should be turn based, not like the turn based we see in tournaments. One player starts and the second player gets back to back turns, and then back to player 1 for back to back turns and so on. Both sides should be able to sort through their decks during rounds.
yeah that too mana burn and lore master

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
LovelyHazel777 on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
Honestly, the only spell that really causes a problem for me is Loremaster. There is no way to counter that spell except for dispels, which now we have blocks for. I would be perfectly fine with it if it wasn't way more op than ANY other spell. It gives you a weakness, -55 or -50% (I forget which), and then does like massive amounts of damage. They shouldn't allow that spell in Pvp.

Saying if you can't beat them, join them, isn't a solution either. The people who say that are the people who rely on that spell for pvp. Most balance warlords with high rank just lore spam, and that's not pvp at all. It's a cowards way to win. There are plenty of other balance spells that are really good, you just have to save up pips for them. There is no problem with that.

If its not taken out, then it should be the majorly nerfed. Remove the weakness and mantle, OR make it 6 or 8 pips that way it can't be so easily spammed. But in all honesty, it should just be no pvp. That would make the game more fair for everyone.
I definitely can relate that Lore Master and Life Guardian spell

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
Michael Bluestone on Aug 16, 2018 wrote:
You seriously need most of these spells. PvP becomes broken if people can sit there with high resist and heal. Nobody wants 1-6 hour PvP battles decided by who runs out of cards or loses patience first. There are already people who will pack 6+ reshuffles, very few attack spells, and try to outlast opponents.

Maybe e.g. lore is too strong - it should do less damage, or have the accuracy or damage effects nerfed, but in cases like this I would adjust the damage or effects rather than ban it completely.
Another one that need to be banned is the Ward pet should not be in PVP battle every wizard has to fight the battle without hiding there ward pet I never use ward pet I preferred to battle my opponents fairly with my skills and luck combination but at least fair enough even though we lost so much spells as a storm we are so struggle in the arena.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
Jeremy Firestaff on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
I don't agree that all of these spells should be banned from PvP, but there are some I definitely agree with.

- Insane Bolt! It's the most unfair spell in the entire game. Yes, I know there is a chance that the storm will be defeated if it backfires, but if it doesn't, you could be defeated in two hits, especially from second. There is no other school that has that kind of power behind one (1) pip! It needs to be banned from PvP!

- I don't think you can take any of these spells away from fire, it's their only line of offense. Fire has to have pips to play, they can't kill you in a mere two hits with 3 pips to start. Most other schools can. Fire has to conserve pips until they can form a complete combo. Taking away any of those spells really kills the school. Fire spells are set up for the way PvP should be played, the other schools need to follow their example. In my opinion, fire school is the only school that requires real skill to play with the exception of myth, that school also requires a great deal of skill to compete with.

- I don't ever play with ice, but again I think this is unnecessary. The real problem with ice is not their spells, but their stats. They are overpowered, they have a high amount of resist, they have extremely high health, great accuracy, a lot of pierce, and plenty of pips and spells that don't require pips. KI really kinda gave it all to ice wizards. Again, it's not really their spells, it's their stats, you fix that by adjusting other wizards stats.

- The only one I could see removing is beguile, but that really only affects 2v2 and over, though I think Ki has already made the right adjustments for death school wizards. Fixing Ju Ju was the greatest thing to happen to PvP thus far. Cheating is not competition. But I don't see that much else needs to happen to death school right now, they've already suffered a tremendous blow

Continued...
Jeremy I fought you so many times I never use Insane bolt on our matches but you just need to improve your skills of fighting in the arena set a good spells to use instead of just rely on Efreet most of the time mix it up rampage,brim elf etc...

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011

STORM:

. Insane bolt
. Wild bolt
. Iron sultan

FIRE:

. Burning rampage
. Fire beetle
. Efreet
. Scorching scimitars

ICE:

. Abominable weaver
. Winter moon

DEATH:

. Qismah's curse
. Bad juju
. Poison
. Sacrifice
. Beugile

MYTH:

. Snake charmer
. Earthquake
. Medusa

LIFE:

. Guardian spirit
. Brown spider
. Luminous weaver
. Llamasu

BALANCE:

. Loremaster
. Supernova
. Mana burn
. Gaze of fate
. Judgement
I don't have any problem with all the spells, It's just Nerf it down the spammers in the arena like Lore Master, Juju, and Guardian Spirit.
Ice just need to Nerf there health and resistance
Balance just Nerf the Mana Burn and Lore Master tune it down
Death Nerf Juju spammer tune it down
Life just Nerf Guardian Spirit tune it down
Myth no spell to spam every round
Fire no spell to spam

Storm no spell to spam cause wild bolt is weak and random not reliable
this is all the facts in the arena battle every single day very frustrated to fight someone just spam every round.
What really need to be banned is the ward pet!!!! stop hiding behind your ward pet face your opponent with dignity and fair battle use your skills. I am a storm I struggle but I fought well in the arena with out insane bolt no ward pet but doing so well but very painful process I have set what good spell to use in order to win every single match.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
brandon thunder on Sep 30, 2018 wrote:
I don't have any problem with all the spells, It's just Nerf it down the spammers in the arena like Lore Master, Juju, and Guardian Spirit.
Ice just need to Nerf there health and resistance
Balance just Nerf the Mana Burn and Lore Master tune it down
Death Nerf Juju spammer tune it down
Life just Nerf Guardian Spirit tune it down
Myth no spell to spam every round
Fire no spell to spam

Storm no spell to spam cause wild bolt is weak and random not reliable
this is all the facts in the arena battle every single day very frustrated to fight someone just spam every round.
What really need to be banned is the ward pet!!!! stop hiding behind your ward pet face your opponent with dignity and fair battle use your skills. I am a storm I struggle but I fought well in the arena with out insane bolt no ward pet but doing so well but very painful process I have set what good spell to use in order to win every single match.
Juju has already been nerfed, so I have no clue why people are still including this spell into their arguments. It's been nerfed to the point where not only it is unusable for the Jades, but for the Death hitters too. Plus, Beguile is pretty much useless in 1v1 and the effect only lasts for one round, and not to mention, it has already been nerfed a while ago along with a few other Death spells. In simpler terms, the Death school doesn't need any more nerfs as it already has suffered so much and all of that has contributed to its current state. The spells I can think of on top of my head that requires a nerf are Loremaster, Mana Burn, Burning Rampage, Efreet, Guardian Spirit and Abominable Weaver. Ice should be KI's top priority when it comes to nerfs. I totally agree with reducing their health and resistance because the others are simply just too far behind. It astounds me how the school has gone from being the weakest school in terms of damage and only being a tank school to becoming a tank that is also capable of being a glass cannon in 1v1 at the same time. If they're not planning on nerfing any of the spells mentioned above, then they should at least give new spells to the schools that are badly in need of a boost to be on par with Ice, Fire, Balance and Life, aka Death, Storm and Myth.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Okay let's just ban every card from pvp while we're at it. Your list is quite extensive lol.

Iridian Swiftsong

Delver
Mar 31, 2015

STORM:

. Insane bolt
. Wild bolt
. Iron sultan

FIRE:

. Burning rampage
. Fire beetle
. Efreet
. Scorching scimitars

ICE:

. Abominable weaver
. Winter moon

DEATH:

. Qismah's curse
. Bad juju
. Poison
. Sacrifice
. Beugile

MYTH:

. Snake charmer
. Earthquake
. Medusa

LIFE:

. Guardian spirit
. Brown spider
. Luminous weaver
. Llamasu

BALANCE:

. Loremaster
. Supernova
. Mana burn
. Gaze of fate
. Judgement
Wow that's some hate for Balance there. What do you expect Balance wizards to use then to damage people? Scorpion?

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
hey shouldn't be able to use the guardian life only once in pvp,, its not fare to people who play fare game,

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
They can keep the cards i just wish they would ban treasure cards

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
The way I see it, is that the only reason why you want them banned, is because ur mad ur not warlord xD

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Jeremy Firestaff on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
I think for balance that Lore and Manaburn are the two that need to be fixed. Now that Ki has fixed dispel so that you can only dispel once per round, unless you have the time to take of the shield, Ki now needs to deal with manaburn in the same way. You can't compete with balance when they are constantly pulling your pips. Loremaster I think needs to be worth five pips, or they need to do away with one of the charms, either, the weakness, or the accuracy charm. But in general, I don't think we need to do away with everyone's spells. But I do think, to make it a more offensive match on both sides, it should be turn based, not like the turn based we see in tournaments. One player starts and the second player gets back to back turns, and then back to player 1 for back to back turns and so on. Both sides should be able to sort through their decks during rounds.
True and while there at it make it a HUGE NERF on fire damage- efreet(juju) should be changed to mantle-50%- burning rampage dmage cut to 500 base-and fire from above max cap 1020
you guys are hitters but there is no way you guys should be hitting and tanking harder than storm.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I don't agree that all of these spells should be banned from PvP, but there are some I definitely agree with.

- Insane Bolt! It's the most unfair spell in the entire game. Yes, I know there is a chance that the storm will be defeated if it backfires, but if it doesn't, you could be defeated in two hits, especially from second. There is no other school that has that kind of power behind one (1) pip! It needs to be banned from PvP!

- I don't think you can take any of these spells away from fire, it's their only line of offense. Fire has to have pips to play, they can't kill you in a mere two hits with 3 pips to start. Most other schools can. Fire has to conserve pips until they can form a complete combo. Taking away any of those spells really kills the school. Fire spells are set up for the way PvP should be played, the other schools need to follow their example. In my opinion, fire school is the only school that requires real skill to play with the exception of myth, that school also requires a great deal of skill to compete with.

- I don't ever play with ice, but again I think this is unnecessary. The real problem with ice is not their spells, but their stats. They are overpowered, they have a high amount of resist, they have extremely high health, great accuracy, a lot of pierce, and plenty of pips and spells that don't require pips. KI really kinda gave it all to ice wizards. Again, it's not really their spells, it's their stats, you fix that by adjusting other wizards stats.

- The only one I could see removing is beguile, but that really only affects 2v2 and over, though I think Ki has already made the right adjustments for death school wizards. Fixing Ju Ju was the greatest thing to happen to PvP thus far. Cheating is not competition. But I don't see that much else needs to happen to death school right now, they've already suffered a tremendous blow

Continued...
Are you updated with the tier schools??
1. insane spell can be countered withtower shield storm poor excuse of an health is what makes them capable of applying pressure. it takes 3 wide open insane bolt to kill my and when they actually do i feel good about it why? because thats whats storm suppose to do put pressure on all other schools because they know one mistake they lose.

2. You better go do your homework on everything fire do they do it x2 better than so you don't even try to defend a school that is the second best tier school in the game. This school needs to be nerfed to the ground and I mean it.
efreet damage needs a major cut back 890 damage is a no no for the damage a fire can possess in stats 700 base flat is good enough. weakness-90 should be changed to -50% accuracy done said. FFA damage cut back 1100 base good enough. burning rampage should be changed into a 3 round dot as normal with 500 base damage, not 770. no more having to not counter this spell from second.

3.Iceis a combination of stats and spells( access to many utility spells)There are an abomination and should never be allowed to cross the 100% damage line without sacrificing a load of defense.offensive ice should be offesive vise versa defensive ice should be defensive ice should not be jades with storm damage.( bubble control, snow weaver, frost bite, blade,stun, steal ward?) what was k i thinking i thought ice was suppose to be that school that tanks the heck out of damage and kills you slowly but now your saying they can 2 shot you with shrike? no

4. Beguile is useles in a 1v1 not sure why this is even implemented needs a damage a pierce buff as well a -30 weakness on headless horsemen or any new lore spell coming out for death. cont...

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
- Myth and fire are really where they need to be in order to compete in PvP as it stands, with the exception of Medusa, possibly. Yeah, I know, I've been stunned for two rounds many-a-time now, and it does stink when I can't find a stun block in time, but I've lost to it and I've overcome it. I think to be fair to everyone, yes, they could make the stun for one round, but, at the same time, it's part of their strategy and combo. I don't feel it's right to completely deny them that. I don't get a lot of myth wizards in the arena, but, if you're that worried about it, I'd suggest packing more stun blocks and/or convictions, it's not impossible to overcome.

- Guardian Spirit either needs to go bye-bye, for PvP, or it needs to be controlled and limited, or the reshuffles need to be limited and tc reshuffles need to be banned. I truly do hate playing a match for 4-6 hours, 3 is my max on patience. I'm all about competition, but there becomes a point where it's no longer a competition and just plain cheating. I've defeated some level 125 life warlords 5 times in a match, but because of guardian spirit have lost everyone of those matches. I think by the third time, the spell should fail, it's just not fair. Third Times a Charm

- And finally, we come to my least favorite school in the Spiral, Balance Why is it that balance is the most unbalanced school in the game? Was it for the sake of irony? I'm not going to suggest that we get rid of all of their spells, but something does have to give. The Lore spam is just the most irritating thing to try to compete with. That in combination with manaburn, forget it I've already posted on this thread about how I feel about balance and what needs to be done, look up and read to see if you agree, but I can't stress enough, something has got to be done to help us defend against balance magic A -80% shield would be very nice I'll even settle for -75%

Continued...
- school is balanced because they can be countered that's what makes them balance please don't compare myth to the broken school they are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr apart than you can even imagine. myth only issue is a reliable spell a 400~500 myth heal would of been fair for a myth

Ah my school everyone wants to nerf the most useless spell in the game because Jades are abusing it and if you critical you get back decent health for the price of 5 pips..... wait? hold up? did i just say what i think i said? that's right 5 PIPs. I don't jade in fact I dislike jade in pvp i don't even know why its allowed. But just like juju they are going to nerf all of our life spells. let me tell you something we have only 2 spells to actually really on compare to other schools weaver and caterpiller think about it. What life needs is sacred charge turn into a dot I can stand the fact we don't have a small dot its not right at all. am not wasting 9 pips for no spell when other schools can sit comfortably with dot. btw life worst counter is doom and gloom mantles and set shield carry those will yah you will win more against life.

Oh man am glad we are on the same page for at least one thing. But am not going to be biased they don't have any set shield against balance which they should. balance don't have a dot and it should stay that way but lore master needs a base damage cut to 400 and remove the mantle easier said than done.