Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Re-rolling Pet Talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
Hello Wizard101 Community and W101 Staff,

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to re-roll pet talents by use of crowns or gold.

Here is why:
By my understanding, there are tons players who train their pets for hours and spend copious amounts of crowns on mega snacks to level their pets quickly. I am also one of those people. When the pet's talents appear to be going well, we are happy because we are getting talents that apply to the wizard accordingly. However, it gets frustrating when we are training an amazing pet and, so far, it is coming out very well until we unlock a talent that is completely irrelevant to the intended wizard.

Solution: Re-roll pet talents by use of crowns or gold.
I am proposing that we use X amount of crowns to re-roll a talent or two that is irrelevant to the intended wizard. Then we hope and pray that the new talent is something relevant.
How about gold instead of crowns? I understand that re-rolling pet talents is a lot to ask for and must therefore be somewhat of a challenge or privilege to obtain a re-roll or two. My proposition for re-rolling with gold would work exactly the same as re-buying training points from Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court, the different would be that the player expends their a ton of their own, hard earned gold. The more pet talents you have, the more gold you must spend in order to re-roll said pet talent.

Please, let me know what you think and thank you for your time.

Best,

Adam RedDust 123
Keelin AshBlood 76
and more...
Player of five(5) years

Defender
May 11, 2013
It will never happen and it would never work. Here is why, the pets talents are set in stone the very moment the pet Is bred.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
RedDragon877 on Jun 22, 2018 wrote:
It will never happen and it would never work. Here is why, the pets talents are set in stone the very moment the pet Is bred.
Alright, True. I didn't think of that. However, to combat that mechanic, perhaps an in-game kiosk could be set up with a pool of talents where the data is organized enough to coincide with the relevance of the school of pet that we may want to re-roll. For example, a fire school pet could re-roll from this kiosk into any fire school talent, and so on.

However, you said the talents are set in stone the moment the pet is bred. So the way I imagine the kiosk working is like a trading system. We take the talent that is set in stone, click to highlight the talent and then click re-roll to see what we get. Almost like how we stitch item together.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
Okay, so I was just training one of my pets realized something. The average pet has 10 talents to train into. Yet, we can only obtain half of the talents by training. That being said, yes, the talents are set in stone since the moment they have been bred.
So, what if we are able to re-roll the talents by only using the 10 talents that were given to our pets? that would make re-rolling more fair and more plausible.
For example, If my myth imp gets balance accuracy then I could potentially re-roll that talent and obtain one of the 5 other talents that my pet has but did not initially learn upon training.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2015
Hi Coolestpanda, I have a suggestion and an argument for you. First of all, the five talents that "you don't get" are probably the pet derby talents, that you do get, if i am correct, and why would someone spend thousands of crowns to buy mega snack packs if you could just farm bane for an hour, or farm couch potatoes, EMPs if you're up to wasting crowns on that. I am not here to judge or tell you how to play the game,or even spend your currencies, but I am just trying to make useful suggestions. Have a nice day

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
iGoTissues on Jun 25, 2018 wrote:
Hi Coolestpanda, I have a suggestion and an argument for you. First of all, the five talents that "you don't get" are probably the pet derby talents, that you do get, if i am correct, and why would someone spend thousands of crowns to buy mega snack packs if you could just farm bane for an hour, or farm couch potatoes, EMPs if you're up to wasting crowns on that. I am not here to judge or tell you how to play the game,or even spend your currencies, but I am just trying to make useful suggestions. Have a nice day
Hey there,

Okay, I understand where you're coming from. However, obtaining pet snacks isn't the issue for me. The issues comes when pets are being training and they're turning out really good but then you hit ancient or epic and the final couple talents are completely irrelevant to your wizard. That's where I feel like a re-roll on that particular talent could come in handy.

Now, to address your thought about the other five talents being the derby talents. I honestly haven't a clue if the other five are pet derby talents are not. I don't mean to discredit your idea because it really does make sense that the other five would be derby talents. If that is the case then then I do think that there should be some kind of kiosk if that's even possible to then re-roll from a pool of similar talents or something like that. And it's not like Wizard 101 would be losing any profit because we would be paying with crowns or something like that.

I just think that something should be done and I think players would really like that.

I really appreciate your comment. This is why I started this thread -- to weed out flaws in the idea of re-rolling, sharing knowledge that someone may not already know or understand, and to bring the community together to suggest improvements in a game everyone enjoys playing. So, thank you for your comment.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2014
Why not just offer an elixir that you use just before hatching. For about 5,000 crowns you get to pick the five spells from the talent pool of the two pets you are hatching. I've took a poll on this in one of the facebook groups and it's a very popular idea. It would be a good cash cow for KI because most I polled said they would buy this and still use the crowns for other elixirs they would normally get. We would get the talents we picked for that hatch. May still take a few hatches to get the perfect pet but it would be worth it. After a while most just give up on the perfect pet and just go with the closest one to perfect they will ever get, with the way it is now. You don't need membership for farming or pet training so they might be losing money on memberships they could be getting. 5,000 crowns seems like allot but we spend that much on a premium pet from the crown shop.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
RedDragon877 on Jun 22, 2018 wrote:
At first glance that's perfectly true. The question is whether or not there is some computery magic that would let them turn back a single game element (a pet) like when they have test realm run from an earlier time. Now, it is possible that you couldn't roll only a talent or two but had to re-roll the whole thing.

The 10 possible talents are set at egg creation and the 5 that will manifest are set at egg hatch into pet, as well as the order in which they manifest as we train.

So for a crown price can we be taken back to one of those two stages? And if the earlier stage, would a reroll put the species up to chance again as well?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Acochell on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
Why not just offer an elixir that you use just before hatching. For about 5,000 crowns you get to pick the five spells from the talent pool of the two pets you are hatching. I've took a poll on this in one of the facebook groups and it's a very popular idea. It would be a good cash cow for KI because most I polled said they would buy this and still use the crowns for other elixirs they would normally get. We would get the talents we picked for that hatch. May still take a few hatches to get the perfect pet but it would be worth it. After a while most just give up on the perfect pet and just go with the closest one to perfect they will ever get, with the way it is now. You don't need membership for farming or pet training so they might be losing money on memberships they could be getting. 5,000 crowns seems like allot but we spend that much on a premium pet from the crown shop.
My sister and I would do this for that price IN A HEARTBEAT. And we'd do it over and over again.

Healing pets
7 schoos damage pets
Resistance pets
Garden/fishing pets

On 6 accounts

Not to mention every time they bring out a new favorite species we want to graft preferred talents onto.

Over and over and over....