Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Finished Crfting the Eagle War Shield

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2012
I just want to thank the following members for their suggestions on helping 2 of my wizards get their Potent Trap TC so they could craft the Eagle War Shield: Freshta, Star Edward, Jasmine3429, ThatGrumpyPanda, and LightDragonofW101 --- Thank you all so much for your suggestions, my Balance and Life wizards just could not get that tc and it was so frustrating. My Balance got hers first, then today my Life wizard got hers. They both got their needed tc from fighting the Fuego Spirit in SwampMeadow Marsh. It did take several attempts, about 7 for my Balance, and about 12 for my Life, but so so happy they completed what they needed. Like in Galaxy Quest, I "never surrendered, never gave up". Best wishes for all of you.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jasmine SunHunter on Jun 10, 2018 wrote:
I just want to thank the following members for their suggestions on helping 2 of my wizards get their Potent Trap TC so they could craft the Eagle War Shield: Freshta, Star Edward, Jasmine3429, ThatGrumpyPanda, and LightDragonofW101 --- Thank you all so much for your suggestions, my Balance and Life wizards just could not get that tc and it was so frustrating. My Balance got hers first, then today my Life wizard got hers. They both got their needed tc from fighting the Fuego Spirit in SwampMeadow Marsh. It did take several attempts, about 7 for my Balance, and about 12 for my Life, but so so happy they completed what they needed. Like in Galaxy Quest, I "never surrendered, never gave up". Best wishes for all of you.
What a lovely post!

I love it here because we can ask anything and people are always so ready to help us out. It's a really kind and generous community.

Congrats on your crafting!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Glad you got them!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Grateful you were successful in crafting the item.

We're here (including Victoria) if you ever need assistance with anything else; no matter how minute!

Survivor
May 13, 2011
This is kind of moot now, since two potent trap TCs are automatically rewarded for completing the "Broken Idols" storyline quest.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
TweedleTwins on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
This is kind of moot now, since two potent trap TCs are automatically rewarded for completing the "Broken Idols" storyline quest.
By the time this change was made MANY of us wizards had quested well past Azteca, which meant we'd already completed the Broken Idols quest years ago. We were not awarded the Potent Traps retroactively. Therefore, many higher-level wizards were (ironically) still struggling to complete the crafting quest despite KI tweaking the rewards for younger wizards.

My Storm is one of the wizards who didn't get the PT in regular Azteca questing and was too far along to have gotten it from the Broken Idols quest. That's why I knew a few places to farm for it.

Alia Misthaven