Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

flying squid ink

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I think this squid ink has got to be easier to get. One day I farmed the secret tunnel with the boss D' viss for over four hours and only got six drops of the ink. I only needed ten . Then I thought I have some from my other wizard I will just get four from my death. I found out this is one reagent you can't share through wizards. You can share any other reagents to craft items through wizards. This one should most definitely be one of them, and it's the only one that's not. Please KI either make the ink easier to get a drop or let us share our squid ink through our shared bank to give to our other wizards. does anyone else have an opinion on this please let me know what you think?

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Don't know what you are talking about, I just put Flying squid ink in my share bank on my ice wizard and took it out with my death wizard. Maybe go back and try again

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
If you don't know about it there are 5 quests that give 2 free squid ink each (theres a guide on Duelist 101)
they help a ton.
As for not being able to trade it between I just tried it and I can so not sure why you cannot?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
alia550 on Jun 9, 2018 wrote:
I think this squid ink has got to be easier to get. One day I farmed the secret tunnel with the boss D' viss for over four hours and only got six drops of the ink. I only needed ten . Then I thought I have some from my other wizard I will just get four from my death. I found out this is one reagent you can't share through wizards. You can share any other reagents to craft items through wizards. This one should most definitely be one of them, and it's the only one that's not. Please KI either make the ink easier to get a drop or let us share our squid ink through our shared bank to give to our other wizards. does anyone else have an opinion on this please let me know what you think?
I'm not sure why you're unable to pass them through the shared bank. I was sure we could so just checked and mine can be shared. If you double check your wizard has them and you still can't add them to your shared bank it might be a bug because you should be able to!

As for it being too rare a drop I think it's because it's a new reagent. I bet when the next release of content comes out we'll have more places we can get it and it will become easier to get in higher numbers. That's happened a lot of times before, where something very rare and tricky to get suddenly becomes abundant with new content.

Hopefully it will be easier to get soon!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
When you're able to get to the Secret Tunnel in Aeriel Jungle, in Empyrea, farm it for Flying Squid Ink.
It drops other items players want too (i.e., boots, hats, jewels, plants, etc...).

There are three battles in this dungeon you can solo or run through with a team.

Each Boss drops Flying Squid Ink; Level One: Gannon; Level Two: Madd'n; and Level Three: D'viss.

Good luck on your quest for this regent!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I have 64 Flying Squid Ink received from drops in the Secret Tunnel. I'm not saying this to brag, but as a reference point because I wasn't farming for this regent, but it kept dropping as I was farming for other stuff (i.e. shoes, hats, and jewels, etc...). Many of these items are possible to share between all of your wizards.

But if farming still leaves you frustrated, break up your game time between gardening, pet training, fishing, wizard maintenance, helping other players with their quests, along with your farming. All the other activities on their own don't take long at all. Here's to you obtaining all the Flying Squid Ink you want, and everything else too.

And if all of this farming for one regent leaves you angry, exhausted and frustrated; thank goodness we can all fall back to playing Chutes and Ladders and Candy Lane. The chutes are fun to slide down, the ladders bring you a workout, and just remember to be careful when crossing Gum Drop Mountain.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I'm sorry I found out I could transfer ink to my other wizards. I was just looking for squid ink when it was called flying squid ink.
Since then though the secret tunnel has made it harder to get flying squid ink. I used to be able to go in there and get one every single time I farmed the dungeon and now sometimes I don't get any. I think they reduced the drop rate. Does anybody know of anywhere else you can farm for flying squid ink?