Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Life the Worst Class?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
You can get a healing gear set and mastery amulet relatively easily as any class, sure it won't heal as hard as Life, but not much less. Just take Pigsie, or if you don't have it, take Rebirth and Dryad treasure cards (Which can be purchased at libraries)

Plus, If you ever need/want to hit as Life, it doesn't really get any good AOE hits, we have Forest Lord and Wings of Fate. The shadow spell being not only a DOT, but does less damage than Forest Lord.

Am i missing something? Why pick Life over Balance with a healing set & Life mastery, to get not only strong heals, but buffs?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Life is a hard class to play, if you can't figure out how to make it work for you. My life hits really hard, and while I have to build up pips to get to Forest lord, but I also have to blade up to make the hits better, so you kill 2 birds with one stone. As for playing balance, it has a few drawbacks in that there's no way to wand off weaknesses, so you need to carry cleanse charms, there is no balance specific blade, and the randomness of damage on many spells makes it hard to know what your next step would be. However, many people play balance just fine. I play a balance with a quest buddy so it's less of an issue. When Im fighting solo balance bosses, I use a death mastery and use Wraith to get around the resist and it works fine

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
I could get a Storm mastery and get gear that gives tempest, so why train storm?
I can train tower shield so why be an ice wizard?

Life does a decent amount of damage when hits, and also if you're not Life you're unlikely to crit heal.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Saying "Life is bad because anyone can heal, even if Life does it a little better" is kinda like saying Storm is bad because anyone can hit; they just can do it better. Their better healing boost and ability to enchant more of their heals can be really nice. Whether it's their Satyrs healing in the 3000s (as opposed to me healing in the 2000s), powerful cheap heals in Fairy, the ability to spam Unicorns that are actually decent (made less important with the introduction of Pigsie, but ahhhhhh is that spell hard to get), or a much easier access to DoT removal, I'd say that Life's better healing ability wouldn't exactly make them the worst school in general.

When it comes to hitting, though, yeah, they're not that great. They have some decent single-target hitting ability with their 40% blades and Hungry Caterpillar having a pretty nice base damage, but they've been, by far, the worst AoE school since Polaris.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Let us not forget the 90% hit rate. I can't remember the last time I fizzled.

If life is the "worst" class why do I get so many friend requests on a daily basis?

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Area51Alien on May 25, 2018 wrote:
Let us not forget the 90% hit rate. I can't remember the last time I fizzled.

If life is the "worst" class why do I get so many friend requests on a daily basis?

Steven Ghoststalker
Because you can heal. Life is number 1 to be used by those who needs healing and that's all many want you for. Yes it does sound cheesy but I'm talking from experience .

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on May 28, 2018 wrote:
Because you can heal. Life is number 1 to be used by those who needs healing and that's all many want you for. Yes it does sound cheesy but I'm talking from experience .

Yeah, I kinda figured that.

The question was more rhetorical than inquisitive.

S Gs
96 (getting closer to Darkmoor all the time)

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
I just want to say i'm not saying life is bad, just the worst of the seven in my opinion.

@Taylorash

First of all, Tempest isn't even that good unless you're farming or fighting mobs, and is almost uesless unenchanted. Why would you need a mastery amulet when you can have your own personal classes AOE (which life only has Forest Lord and Wings of Fate) Using tempest TC with mastery amulet, you will have almost no storm damage and can't enchant it.

And yes, a non-life won't crit, but just yesterday, in an Omen fight, I saw a Balance wizard heal for 1800 with a pigsie (no crit). Of course, pigsie is hard to get, but he also healed hard with the may casted Rebirths. Additionally, he was able to bladestorm 4 times. (tc, sharpen, regular and item card) while he was able to keep us at or near full health.

@Area51Alien

Friend requests do not judge if a class is good or bad, and don't get me wrong I'm not saying life is bad, I'm saying it's the worst class out of the seven.

@dayerider

Well for this I mean if you're going to be healing you'll almost always be supporting the hitter anyway. As a max balance you can get a ton of blades up and heal when necessary

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
KKingler on Jun 1, 2018 wrote:
I just want to say i'm not saying life is bad, just the worst of the seven in my opinion.

@Taylorash

First of all, Tempest isn't even that good unless you're farming or fighting mobs, and is almost uesless unenchanted. Why would you need a mastery amulet when you can have your own personal classes AOE (which life only has Forest Lord and Wings of Fate) Using tempest TC with mastery amulet, you will have almost no storm damage and can't enchant it.

And yes, a non-life won't crit, but just yesterday, in an Omen fight, I saw a Balance wizard heal for 1800 with a pigsie (no crit). Of course, pigsie is hard to get, but he also healed hard with the may casted Rebirths. Additionally, he was able to bladestorm 4 times. (tc, sharpen, regular and item card) while he was able to keep us at or near full health.

@Area51Alien

Friend requests do not judge if a class is good or bad, and don't get me wrong I'm not saying life is bad, I'm saying it's the worst class out of the seven.

@dayerider

Well for this I mean if you're going to be healing you'll almost always be supporting the hitter anyway. As a max balance you can get a ton of blades up and heal when necessary
We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

90% hit rate (again even from the start I hardly ever fizzled.)

Highest starting health levels.

It's a matter of playing preference. Properly equipped, my Life Wizard has soloed his way into Khrysalis with help from an occasional hired minion or friend and Big Boss Battle team ups.

So while you DON'T like playing as a Life wizard, I do. For every good point in any class there is a trade off in something else. Life has high health, decent hit rate and low damage. It may take me longer to defeat something but I can survive until I do kill it. Does this make Life the worst class? It depends on who you ask.

I can also guarantee that even within the small community of the message boards that there is someone who thinks that Balance is the worst, Fire is the worst, Ice is the worst, Death is the worst, Myth is the worst, Storm is the worst, or Life is the worst.

KI has done a pretty decent job of balancing the advantages and disads to each school. Every school has it strengths and every school has its weaknesses.

That said, KK if we ever do get the chance to quest together, I will do my best to keep you alive.

S Gs

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
i don't think life is the worst class i think its one of the bests ! if we didn't have life how would we heal? also i hardly fizzle with life i have two life wizards and i hardly fizzle ! i'm not a big fan of ice though because it always fizzles i don't want to be rude but i'm not a big fan of ice

Marissa titan blossom 28

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Life isn't that bad . It's true Life is a weaker class and not strong in lower levels in damage wise. Life is mainly a healing class is where their strength lies in. However that class does have a few decent damaging spells in higher levels.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2014
It is no where near being "The worst". If you're planning to solo as Life, it will be the worst class for almost all of the first act (Wizard City to Dragonspyre) but then it gets aoe attacks and strong heals and it's an okay class but far from being a bad class.

If you're planning on playing with multiple people with different classes and your a life wizard, then being a life wizard becomes even better, you can provide the team with heals without attacking and you'll still fly through wizard101.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Having all seven wizards at max level, I can say there is no worst or better. They all have good and bad points.
All my wizards have top gear and pets. So my stats are very good.
Its not the class of wizard you have.
Its Knowing how to play it. This includes gear, pets and making a good deck.
My Opinion is:
Using a mastery amulet is saying, I don't know how to play my school correctly.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Catherine Wilddrea... on Jun 12, 2018 wrote:
Having all seven wizards at max level, I can say there is no worst or better. They all have good and bad points.
All my wizards have top gear and pets. So my stats are very good.
Its not the class of wizard you have.
Its Knowing how to play it. This includes gear, pets and making a good deck.
My Opinion is:
Using a mastery amulet is saying, I don't know how to play my school correctly.
My point exactly.

S Gs

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Not at all, not at all. I can delve into why, but questions like these are largely opinion-based.