Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Redesign the first five worlds?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Many of the areas in the first 5 main worlds of the game can be summed up as maze-like configurations of hallways with an occasional landscape feature or NPC in them. Every other world in the game has varied landscapes and makes each area feel unique, and really makes the first 5 feel like a drag in comparison, going through what seems like the same area over and over again, just with a different name.

Even in different worlds, the layout is nearly the same, hallways after hallways, just with a different skin. Just take a look at the maps of areas in the first 5 worlds, and compare them to maps of areas in other worlds. The difference is huge, and while the map design isn't the main focus of the game, it's still a big part in immersion and enjoyment of the world.

Each time I make a new wizard, I dread having to go through the first 5 worlds again, hallway after hallway for hours or days. I would rather KingsIsle take the time to redesign these worlds than put out an entirely new one for their next big update, because I find it to be a major problem that can be off-putting to new players and re-players alike.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I do believe this is exactly what KI is working on.

Prof Falmea stated that "Everything old will be new again."

I expect we'll see the redesign of Wizard City in time for the 10th anniversary.

Just my 2 cents

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
I don't think Mooshu falls into that category to be fair, but I see your point. The worst are Marleybone and Dragonspyre, very repetitive.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
Taylorash9 on May 24, 2018 wrote:
I don't think Mooshu falls into that category to be fair, but I see your point. The worst are Marleybone and Dragonspyre, very repetitive.
Same with Krokotopia. I found myself getting bored wandering through all those pyramids lol.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Personally, I'm most looking forward to what they'll be doing with the skies. What if they add in an endless changing sky that changes from night to day? I really love the pinkish clouds that they have in Pirate101's Mooshu. It's so pretty!