Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Professor Balestrom sending me to Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
I have just recently returned to Wizard after being gone a lone time. It's great being back.

I have been trying to ask Professor Balestrom what I can use a training point on in his school. He keeps asking if I have talked with Walther Champlain (sp?) in Marleybone. I have gone to see Walter and he has nothing to say to me. I have a feeling it might be a leftover from an old quest but can't get past it. Help!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Momster on May 21, 2018 wrote:
I have just recently returned to Wizard after being gone a lone time. It's great being back.

I have been trying to ask Professor Balestrom what I can use a training point on in his school. He keeps asking if I have talked with Walther Champlain (sp?) in Marleybone. I have gone to see Walter and he has nothing to say to me. I have a feeling it might be a leftover from an old quest but can't get past it. Help!
Hi and welcome back to Wiz!

Walter Chaplain only has one quest; Swimming With Stars. It's a side quest and you might be able to find it in your quest log to find out where you're up to on it.

To complete Swimming With Stars you need to do the following:
1. Talk to Walter Chaplain in the Royal Museum
2. Search for the spiral key in the Spiral Geographic Warehouse in Regent's Square
3. Defeat Estrakir Gloomthorn
4. Talk to Professor Balestrom to hand it in.

If Walter doesn't have anything to say to you and Balestrom just keeps sending you back then it may be that you have spoken to Walter but are yet to defeat Estrakir. Try going to the Spiral Geographic Warehouse in Regent's Square (it's the tower at the bottom right of the Regent's Square map, just above the picture of Sherlock Bones) and see if you can go in to complete your quest.

If you can't or if it won't allow you to hand it in afterwards contact KI support and ask them to move your wizard past it or set it back to the start of the quest as it's bugged. Try the above first though

PS. This is a side quest and does not lead to another quest on completion. Your main quest/s should be showing in your quest log with stars around it so you know it's a storyline quest.

Also, if Professor Balestrom is not allowing you to speak to him about spells you may have already got them all? If the quest you're on turns out to be bugged then it might be part of that, but it's possible you have got all the spells from him already.

Good luck and I hope it goes smoothly!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Momster on May 21, 2018 wrote:

Somewhere in your Log Quest, you probably have the Quest:Swimming with Stars. See details for it here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Swimming_with_Stars

When you see that Quest in your Log, you can click on the "Question Mark" in the upper left corner of the Quest Image, and the dialogue will show you how far you have gone in that Quest, and what you need to do next.

A long time ago, this was a 'required' Quest, but KI changed that. Now it is a Side Quest.