Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How did Merle Ambrose met Bartelby?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Hello there!
Since the begining of the game I wanted to know how Merle Ambrose and Bartelby met.. When I have been questing in Avalon, I remember Merle Ambrose said: "It's time to build our new magical school", then I knew only in that time he met Bartelby, but he didn't say where, or why... and that is something I would like to know:
How did they both met, how merle ambrose have gotten to WizardCity, why did he pick to build his school there, where did he wanted to build his own magical school, and how did he build it? Are all the teachers now teaching in Ravenwood are the same that were at the start? And how did they all met?

I am excited to know!
Can't wait for your respond..
~The Arcanum Lore

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
l think Ambrose chose to locate the school where he did because Bartleby was already there, and was the reason it was a very magical area. On the other hand, perhaps Bartleby and the magic school were originally in Dragonspyre, and the trees were magically transplanted due to an emergency. Maybe only the school trees were in Dragonspyre, and were later moved to be near Bartleby. Using his crystal ball, Ambrose could have seen which trees were in danger and needed to leave. This idea makes me a little happier about what I saw in Dragonspyre. Not sure if it's the case, but I'd like to think so.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Calamity Finch on May 19, 2018 wrote:
l think Ambrose chose to locate the school where he did because Bartleby was already there, and was the reason it was a very magical area. On the other hand, perhaps Bartleby and the magic school were originally in Dragonspyre, and the trees were magically transplanted due to an emergency. Maybe only the school trees were in Dragonspyre, and were later moved to be near Bartleby. Using his crystal ball, Ambrose could have seen which trees were in danger and needed to leave. This idea makes me a little happier about what I saw in Dragonspyre. Not sure if it's the case, but I'd like to think so.
Sounds interesting... but I want to know what were the life in Wizardcity before it became The Wizard's City.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Star Gator on May 18, 2018 wrote:
Hello there!
Since the begining of the game I wanted to know how Merle Ambrose and Bartelby met.. When I have been questing in Avalon, I remember Merle Ambrose said: "It's time to build our new magical school", then I knew only in that time he met Bartelby, but he didn't say where, or why... and that is something I would like to know:
How did they both met, how merle ambrose have gotten to WizardCity, why did he pick to build his school there, where did he wanted to build his own magical school, and how did he build it? Are all the teachers now teaching in Ravenwood are the same that were at the start? And how did they all met?

I am excited to know!
Can't wait for your respond..
~The Arcanum Lore
You might find this story interesting:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?231223-The-wizard101-main-storyline

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Calamity Finch on May 19, 2018 wrote:
Bartleby was already there and yes, Wizard City is a very magical area so that is definitely the case. As far as the other trees they were brought there by Merle Ambrose. Mortis specifically says that Ambrose brought him from Darkmoor as just a sapling. As far as the other trees, I highly doubt that they all came from Dragonspyre, (perhaps Bernie did- in fact he probably did). I don't think that Ambrose was necessarily "rescuing" all the trees from danger, but was looking for them to preserve magical knowledge or use them as an arcane brace-perhaps by Bartleby's request as I think we can safely assume that they are his Children/grandchildren. Some of the trees as indicated by Mortis were raised by Ambrose.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/the-trees-of-ravenwood-8ad6a4255c62b543015c658f6dc3479b?reset=1

We also know that Ambrose went around trying to recruit individuals for the school (first of which was Prof. Greyrose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnPWi0L1dw) I think that in addition to searching for professors Ambrose had many adventures in the Spiral when he left Avalon looking for powerful teacher, instructors, staff and objects. Just my thoughts.