Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fast way to get aethyr dust and aethyr ore?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Hello,

So I'm going to be doing a lot of Empyrea crafting and to do that, I need tons of aethyr dust and aethyr ore (mostly dust). The problem is that the only way I know how to get it is by running around Empyrea trying to find harvest spots for it. This takes forever. Anyone know of a faster way to get aethyr dust and aethyr ore?

Thanks

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Find one spot where they are spawning in a few places near by (I used Aerial Jungle) - then sit there and change realms every minute. Don't bother with first half dozen realms that are crowded - go for the realms that are less occupied. And pick a quiet time of day when less people are on. Less people = more reagents for you.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Don't some of the monsters in Mirage drop those?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
They are incredibly frustrating to collect as they are only able to be gathered from the ground atm and only yield one at a time....even when it is aethyr dust (15 needed to transmute it to aethyr ore!).

It is found in the following locations:

Aeriel Jungle
Aeriel Shores
Inner Athanor
Outer Athanor
Zanadu

I farmed for it in Outer Athanor. There will be a maximum of 3 spawned per realm. Try to do it at quiet times and target the quietest realms. It's going to be a long haul so you might do best to plan to do it for a set period of time then do something else for a while before going back to it....it can become quite mind-numbing lol.

I'm guessing this isn't something you'd want to do but you might prefer to wait until there are new locations added and it becomes a less rare reagent. Hopefully it will become a common battle drop as well as something we collect from the ground.

Good luck and be brave my friend, this is no easy challenge!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
it is intentionally designed to be difficult, it took me forever to become Revered Crafter , but it is possible.
as of now the only way to collect aethyr ore/dust is to go around all over Empyrea. like others already said choosing quite time and realm help, but in the end you just have to be patient.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Everyone else already covered the where and such but there is a member benifit that makes all your collected reagents double so if your are still trying to collect dust by the time it rolls around again take advantage (but be aware that other people will have this same train of thought so you may still have a bit of a struggle about it)