Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Passes Automatically?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2014
So i have an issue with this latest update, sometimes during battles, it will auto-pass for me. when i don't even click nor touch anything. For instance, the enemy's battle phase will end then it should be my turn to cast something. but instead, it auto passes. sometimes in the middle of me selecting a target. This has happened multiple times at this point and is rather irritating. it hasn't killed me yet thankfully. but it's still an issue that i believe needs to be addressed. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Chase Legendcatcher - Level 125

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This usually happens if you're away from your keyboard for too long.

A message prompts on your screen giving you 10 seconds to respond to a simple question regarding you participating within the battle or fleeing.

If you don't decide, the game just passes.

The mechanic was put in place so that other fellow wizards within the battle you're in doesn't have to suffer and wait on the turn of a person who technically isn't even playing.

I have realized, to your point though, that upon return, and you indicate that you wish to resume, the game will still pass you a couple times.

To help, this pass mechanic will pop up after about six straight turns of not doing anything.

So, be sure to return before (6 X 30) 180 seconds; 3 minutes to avoid being passed.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2014
Thats not quite what i mean though. I mean No prompt or anything comes up. It just happens. I won't click a button, i won't do anything except get ready to take my turn and instead of me taking my turn, it just passes. while i'm still there, i mean.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
I'm aware of this mechanic being introduced to as Edward said, speed battles along even though a participant is AFK.

However, I've never really seen it being used if or when the participant returns.

A little odd..