Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchmaking Kiosk and Spirit of the Forest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
I logged in and received a message my plague oni had hatched with a spirit of the forest. I checked on my pet and to hatch back with the spirit of the forest it wants to charge me gold + 800 crowns even when I have my own spirit of the forest in backpack equipped. I thought we weren't going to be charged crowns for a hatch if we already owned the pet body. Bug?

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Same happens to me. You need to open your tome and look at the pets, then it realises you have it and the crowns cost goes down to zero.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Michael Bluestone on May 5, 2018 wrote:
Same happens to me. You need to open your tome and look at the pets, then it realises you have it and the crowns cost goes down to zero.
I see what you mean. I checked this evening and the crown cost was there until I opened my pet tome and reloaded the kiosk hatching page. The crown cost window is still there but the amount is zero. Thanks for the tip.

This information needs to be in game. It isn't intuitive as something to do to let the kiosk know you've already got that pet. I thought equipping the pet should have done it but that is not the case. I was wondering if it had to be the original first gen pet to count. I was on my fire wizard and that spirit of the forest is a second gen, my balance wizard has the first gen I hatched it from.

Speaking of pets on different wizards, this is separate issue but I'll mention it while I am here. When you go to move a pet in the share bank it pops up a warning that putting in share bank will remove it from hatching kiosk. Even when the pet in question is a brand newly hatched baby and crowns premium that you can't put in the kiosk anyway.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Michael Bluestone on May 5, 2018 wrote:
Thanks for sharing this info!

I doubt it is supposed to work like this but at least we now have a solution until it is patched! Thanks again for sharing!