Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hybrids?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
So..
Im hatching trying to get the Wandering Eye using My enigmatic Ghulture.
The Enigmatic Ghulture is a hybrid from the wandering eye and the ghulture.
Is it possible to get the eye?
or will it never happen because it is a hybrid breeding with one of its parents?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The Wandering Eye itself can only be equipped by a Myth wizard, though anyone can carry it around and hatch with it. Since you're probably a Death wizard, you could have one in your backpack but you could never train it.

When trying to get a hybrid while using your Ghulture, my understanding is that you will only get back the Death side of the hybrid. In your case, you can get back one of the Ghulture hybrids but not one of the Wandering Eye hybrids. Only a Myth can get the eye versions if they're using a pure Wandering Eye and you have a pure Ghulture.

On the other hand, if you hatch your Ghulture with a Gloomy Eye (the Myth side of a Myth/Death hybrid), you should be able to get a Gloomy Eye. You'd be able to equip and train it, too. But you can never get back a pure Wandering Eye unless you are Myth.

I could be mistaken about that, but that's what I think happens. Hopefully someone with more experience will correct me if I've made an error here.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It seems that whenever hatching, the chances of obtaining a new pet is much lower, hence, you will in most cases get back your original pet you used for the hatch.

I mentioned seems because I'm not sure if this is ideally a fact, but the statistics shows that the chances of getting your own pet used for the hatch is much higher than that of getting a new pet.

It could just be bad luck for all those who haven't been getting new pets as there are cases where persons have hatched with new pets and gotten them on the first hatch.

But, nevertheless, numbers don't lie and neither do I.

So, to respond, yes, it is possible to get the Wandering Eye if you're .
If you're not, then the your chances fall drastically.

Since there have been cases with other schools getting school only pets not matching up to their schools, I will not completely rule out the possibility of not being able to get the pet at all, hence the phrase;
your chances fall drastically.