Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If I ignore somebody would they see my message?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2014
If i ignore somebody and then message them something will they see the message?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Chicky563 on Apr 27, 2018 wrote:
If i ignore somebody and then message them something will they see the message?
Why would you want to message someone you have put on ignore?

The ignore feature is there so we can avoid unpleasant behaviour and avoid being teamed with someone who we don't get along with when we use the team up feature.

When you put someone on ignore you will no longer see anything they say out loud. They will still see what you say unless they have you on ignore. They will not be able to start messaging you, add you as a friend, group you etc.

Unless it has been patched, if we put someone on ignore but have been whispering to them (or maybe if your name is still in their chat log) they may still be able to message back by clicking 'r' to reply. I had this happen and changed wiz to avoid further conversation, the full ignore feature registered and worked once I returned. Once their chat box no longer has your name in it they will not be able to use it to speak to you.

I believe this is how it still works but it may have been changed/improved. I'm still unsure why anyone would want to message someone they have on ignore; either ignore them or don't. If they can see a message from you, you will not see any reply from them so if you're wanting to build bridges and fix things in a friendship that has had some conflict the first step would be to take them off ignore and talk as friends who want to fix things together.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Um.

that is a strange way to ignore someone, if I may say so.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
I believe so because ignoring someone only blocks THEM from messaging YOU (Well, technically, they still do, you just don't see it) So it's probably the same deal there. But this raises a bigger question. Why do you care? XD

-Phoenix

Level 125
Level 69
Level 21