Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The new sound affects are so broken

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2015
So with the new updates, new sound effects have been added and that's just made them worse.

First off, the sounding for everything is super high in volume. I have to turn it down extra low to the point where I can't hear anything because the music is super high.

Also when you complete a quest, I can barely hear the ding the sound makes when you complete a quest. It's a good sound, should be heard. If I turn my sound effects on, the music becomes too loud for me to listen to.

When I complete a battle, the sound effect for the amount of loot you got is super high, no matter how low you make your sound, you can always hear a agonizing screeching noise.

The dialogue is also too hard to listen to because of the noisy sound effects in the background, and when I turn the volume up, I still can't hear it.

KI, please fix the new sound effects and make them the way they were!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't like the new sound effects either. In my opinions the game was better before that update.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Trigon101060 on Apr 16, 2018 wrote:
So with the new updates, new sound effects have been added and that's just made them worse.

First off, the sounding for everything is super high in volume. I have to turn it down extra low to the point where I can't hear anything because the music is super high.

Also when you complete a quest, I can barely hear the ding the sound makes when you complete a quest. It's a good sound, should be heard. If I turn my sound effects on, the music becomes too loud for me to listen to.

When I complete a battle, the sound effect for the amount of loot you got is super high, no matter how low you make your sound, you can always hear a agonizing screeching noise.

The dialogue is also too hard to listen to because of the noisy sound effects in the background, and when I turn the volume up, I still can't hear it.

Personally, I have the sound shut off and listen to some good music instead.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Trigon101060 on Apr 16, 2018 wrote:

Sounds like the new sounds are making the dialogue and other sounds inaudible. Yeah. I got a tiny shock when I heard their loudness. Guess KI's got volume balancing to do on the new sounds.

Until then, try to adjust for a while.