Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Starter Schools

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
So, I know this has already been requested probably thousands of times over the game's lifespan, but..

Other MMOs add new classes all the time. Why should Wizard101 be any different? It would draw in new players, and give old players a reason to make another character and play through the game's story all over again! The new school probably wouldn't work if it was something that already existed in the game's story, like Shadow or Astral magic. Something completely new would work much better.

What do you guys think would be a good idea for a new starter school?

-

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Soul330 on Apr 15, 2018 wrote:
So, I know this has already been requested probably thousands of times over the game's lifespan, but..

Other MMOs add new classes all the time. Why should Wizard101 be any different? It would draw in new players, and give old players a reason to make another character and play through the game's story all over again! The new school probably wouldn't work if it was something that already existed in the game's story, like Shadow or Astral magic. Something completely new would work much better.

What do you guys think would be a good idea for a new starter school?

-
That's am interesting idea, but I probably wouldn't go there until I got my "old school" wizards to max level which is taking a while. I don't even have a Death or Ice wizard.

But a new school...

I am dedicated to Balance, so I want to imagine a new school to confound Balance. I mean, more than Death already does.

How about an "animal" or "trickster" school? I am imagining it to be sort of a Spirit School, halfway between Life and Balance. It could have all kinds of crazy low pip utility spells. How about a spell where mice nibble at your toes, or mosquitos transfer some of your health to the enemy over time. Maybe even a weakness over time spell and your weakness increases from -25 to -50% over rounds until you take it off. There could be an aura such that if I hit the Animal Wizard, the damage is divided equally between me (the attacker) and my target, so a Balance wizard could accidentally kill themselves with their own Judgement. That would be so mean and also fun.

What if the had a "hibernate" aura that self "stunned" them, so they could not cast, but also made them immune to all damage for a turn or two, while they built up pips.

What if they could cast a charm that makes it so anytime I heal, they get half of the healing.

At higher levels they would have shadow spells, weirder utility spells and some big hits. What if I cast a weakness on them and the weakness was instantly transferred from them to me. What if tried to stun them and then I was stunned instead.

What would their big hits be? "Vultures!" It is a DOT spell that adds an extra weakness every round. "Hippo patamus" would be their fave one-hit kill spell, especially if they have special animal school traps.

I would fear that school.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
Animagus = using monsters spells againts them (like blue wizard in Final Fantasy).

Caos wiz = mix of utility spells and medium attacks. Could be an anti-balance type.

Ethereal wiz (ghost wiz) = unlockable after defeating Dragonspire. Mix of fire and death spells.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Somewhere in this section I proposed some additions to the School of Time.

I'll see if I can find them.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
I don't think this would work - the very basis of the game is centered around the 7 schools. adding in a new school this late into the games lifespan wouldn't feel right.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I suggest a school named Blood magic. This school starts at level 80, and requires you to have killed malistare undying (Azteca) . The logic here is that you are one of his recruits that was corrupted by Morganthe, but you come back into the light.

This class is mostly a utility class, with some insane redirect potential

Utility spells:

Blood Blade: +45% DMg costs 300 health
Flesh Cleave: + 15% to next 3 hits, costs 150 health
Corrupted: + 50% dmg trap but -10% to heal back on hit
Time split: -70% to balance and Moon
Flash atrionoch: summons a minion of blood (3 pips)
Infestation: +100% health steal bubble 4 pips (works for death spells as well)
Craze: Bleeds self to Heal all allies 1000 (does not boost from outgoing heal or heal blades)
Blood swap: +100% to enemy- + 50% trap on self. Works only with blood magic

Hit spells:

Level 80: Touch of aggony: take 1000 damage, deals 600 + 2000 over 4 turns. Heals back 50%
Level 85: shadow slip: create a dot on enemy: when he hits dot explodes doing 4x damage enemy does (costs 3000k health)

Level 90: Terrorfy: Breaks all blades and traps on all enemies, and heals self 100 per break

Level 100: Call of the crow: summon a crow from your blood that deals 1000 damage for 15 turns. (Costs 60% of max health)

Level 110: Gate of darkness: a black tentacle hits all enemies (1800 DMg) heals you 100%

Level 130: awaken: Places a aura in self deflecting 90% of all magic other then shadow. (20 turns)

Survivor
Jan 26, 2013
I suggest a special type of school, only unlockable by doing certain things in higher level worlds, such as Empyrea: The school of Light. You'd be able to unlock it by perhaps defeating Morganthe in Khrysalis, or fighting Grandfather Spider in Mirage.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2015
Here's an underrated idea. Transmute. I think this spell type has some insane potential in PVE and PVP. You can use this this to bypass monster-resists and spell wards. This obviously isn't a new idea (transmute phoenix, sunbird etc.), and it seems quite simple to implement-- add new cards and change the color of the summoned monster. You only need to add more, and this can be a gradual process-- a new transmute card every week. It would also be a good chance to change these transmute cards to the spell type, a spell type most people avert from, to make it a viable school. And ofcourse, you can make recipes for these spells. Transmute cards for Burning Rampage, Deer Knight, etc.