Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm a Balance wizard in Avalon with no good pet.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
I could never get into the whole pet training thing because it's just too tedious (but I do love to collect pets!). I've tried multiple times but it's just not a part of the game for me. I know some people live by training pets in this game.

So, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with getting me a good pet that will suffice for a balance wizard and make my survivability in Avalon (and worlds to come) a little better.

I don't really have many problems fighting bosses and other enemies right now, but I fear that it will get extremely more difficult as I go into Azteca. I heard it's difficult.

I tend to solo pretty much everything (I sometimes ask for help in the commons and usually never get it, and wait in the team-up ledger but no one offers help) unless it's like a death boss/fire boss (those hecking ninja pigs and efreets) paired with an ice minion (yuck towers) and vice versa or an end-world dungeon.So I would greatly appreciate the help.

And also one final thing, what will I have to do on my part besides training my pet to adult (which I already have one)?

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I'm a Death wizard in Khrysalis and I have a terrible pet, and I have to admit, I am quite a bit jealous of all the other players I see running around with these really good pets. I get through just fine though, probably because I'm able to heal really easily. Azteca isn't all that bad, it's just tedious and some bosses can be annoying if you're not prepared for it (it's a very long world though, be warned). Having good enough gear can somewhat close the gap left from not having a good pet.

I'm no pet hatching/training expert, I can tell you that, but I suppose the best way to get others to hatch with you is to offer something of your own. I hear that a lot of people aren't willing to hatch unless you offer stuff like packs. Maybe try to get some good talents on a pet? Or maybe you just have to wait to find somebody nice enough to hatch with you... It does cost a lot of gold to hatch pets. Again, I'm no expert on this subject but I hope I could give some form of advice.

Thomas Wildstaff, 94

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
But to place this all in perspective.

I've spent all weekend continuously hatching and raising pets. I really wanted the pet bonus this weekend as it would've made things so much easier!

However, we were given the Monstrology Bonus instead....sigh..

Nevertheless, I didn't let that stop me.

Now, this is what I recommend to you both after reading the links I posted.

Get an adult pet. Any adult pet, doesn't matter really, but the more higher the stats and better the talents the overall better luck for you.

Now, head over to the Kiosk and look for a pet of your choice and talents as well. The balance pets usually have balance talents, likewise with the death pets.

I recommend for both schools you view a damage pet (with high stats - very important).

I also recommend you choose a pet that gives a school blade; but again, up to you.

Now, once you've done this, hatch this pet with your adult pet; (you'll need at least 50,000 gold) hopefully you'll get the pet in the kiosk.

If you didn't, it's fine, raise the offspring (without the use of mega pack snacks if you're low) to adult and stop there.

Return to the kiosk and hatch with the exact same pet again.

If you got the new pet, I recommend leaving it at adult (in case the future pet fails; this could be a backup), if you got the old, take it to ancient.

Understand the drift here?

What you're doing is that you're forcing your pet to learn the talents you want, so, if it slips up along the way, you repeat the experiment again.

As you can probably tell, you'll need a large influx of both gold and snacks, time too!

But the key here is to continuously hatching, taking the pet to adult, hatch again, take the new one to ancient, hatch again, take that following new one to epic.

Backups are important because pets can be stubborn, and learn something out of nowhere!