Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I ignorantly reported someone for false reporting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2018
... but however, I sadly did not check if I was able to do that, and when the thought came to my head that it did not seem like something they'd probably like, I went on here to check and saw I can get in trouble for it...

Will I get in trouble because of this...? Or will I be let off the hook because it was an honest first time mistake?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I got false reported several times for no reason and got worried. I emailed support to check it wasn't going to be held against me. They sent me a LOVELY message back reassuring me everything was okay. They also said they're aware some players don't yet understand how the report feature works and when it's misused they send a message to them explaining how it should be used correctly.

KI's attitude to both me and the people who reported me was very caring and thoughtful. I don't think you need to worry because it was a genuine mistake. If they contact you, write back a nice apology so they know it was a mistake and you won't do it again. I am sure they will understand

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
DoktorVonGizmo on Apr 14, 2018 wrote:
... but however, I sadly did not check if I was able to do that, and when the thought came to my head that it did not seem like something they'd probably like, I went on here to check and saw I can get in trouble for it...

Will I get in trouble because of this...? Or will I be let off the hook because it was an honest first time mistake?
You may get in trouble due to the rule that you may not false report. You and the other may both get into trouble.
-Alia SparkleGrove

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
You should be alright. If it's a first time offense you'll likely just get a warning.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
JelliBeans603 on Apr 15, 2018 wrote:
You may get in trouble due to the rule that you may not false report. You and the other may both get into trouble.
-Alia SparkleGrove
Only if you make a habit of doing so, KI understands that mistakes can happen.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2018
Well guys, thanks for the answers. I feel better now, and yes: I won't do that again.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 16, 2018 wrote:
Only if you make a habit of doing so, KI understands that mistakes can happen.
Yes that is also true!
-Alia SparkleGrove