Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

confused about the kiosk

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I'm a little confused about the pet kiosk. I'm wondering about paying to hatch the pets.
To hatch two adult pets that I've hatched with other wizards for one of my pets it costs 40,000 gold. With this kiosk is it going to take money out of my account every single time someone hatches with one of my pets?

Survivor
May 11, 2015
You will only lose god if you decide to hatch with someone else. Good thing gold isn’t taken away from you if someone else hatches with one of your pets. :)

Madison FirePyre

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I would also love to know how much if anything it would cost us to put our pet in the kiosk.
I think it should be 500 gold a go and that only the one getting the pet and/or asking for the hatch should pay. The one making their pet available to others, when they don't have to do so, shouldn't pay at all.

Just my opinion!

Also had a second question. About the new Pet Tome.

It counts the pets which are in our Backpack but if we put a pet on our land, is it still in the Tome?
Also if we put one pet of that type in the shared bank or give to another wizard (same account), do we lose that type of pet in our Tome if we also have other pets of that type, still in our Backpack? Or on our land? Does it matter if we put one pet in the shared bank, give it away; and have none of that pet in the Backpack but there is one roaming around our garden?
I try to keep room in my Backpack, especially on days a new pack comes out.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
alia550 on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:
I'm a little confused about the pet kiosk. I'm wondering about paying to hatch the pets.
To hatch two adult pets that I've hatched with other wizards for one of my pets it costs 40,000 gold. With this kiosk is it going to take money out of my account every single time someone hatches with one of my pets?
The kiosk only charges the person hatching with your pet. It's awesome because they only pay for their side of the hatch and only one egg is made. You only pay if you choose to hatch with their pet and get an egg for yourself as well, but you don't need to hatch back if you don't want to.

Once you've added your pet and someone has hatched with it, if you go to the kiosk and click on your pet you can go to your hatches. It will bring up a hatch interface like in the sigil. On the left are your pets and the right are the pets that hatched with yours through the kiosk. You can look through them and decide if you want to hatch back or not.

If you have more than one pet in the kiosk the pets shown on the right will only be the ones that hatched with the pet you selected in the kiosk. The pets to the left are the pets in your backpack, they start off with the pet you have equipped and not the one selected in the kiosk. If you have multiple pets in the kiosk to check all the pets that have hatched with you then you have to select each one and go through their hatches. You still only have one timer!

I hope that makes sense and is helpful. Let me know if it needs further clarity

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Since posting my 2nd question I found out the answer.
When you visit your land the Pet Tome will add the pets on your land. All you have to do is be on the land. You don't have to click a pet, stand near it or open the Pet Tome. You will see the names being added if you look at local chat.

BUT!

You also have to go inside your house or castle -- those indoor pets will not be added to your Pet Tome until you do.

I had thought the land and house pets would both be added if I just went on the land. Then I had to go back through each place and go indoors, when it wasn't. The house and land are added separately.

It's very convenient but knowing up front to go indoors each time really helps.

The intro thing also said to 'visit your bank' so I made sure to go to the shared an personal 'bank' on each wizard too.

It will only add the pet type, not each individual pet.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
OK so I took my one, trained pet, to the hatch kiosk and nothing showed up at all.
What are the requirements for adding a pet?

I tried asking people standing there, but no one replied.

Thanks.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hi Sparkletude

To add a pet it has to be at least adult and (unfortunately) can not be a crown pet...yet. From the sound of things KI will be updating the kiosk to allow more crown pets to be added at some point, but right now it is either a very small number or none of the crown pets included

It doesn't cost anything to add our pets into the kiosk.

Adding pets to our tome involves opening or entering any area we store pets. So inside and outside of each house, dorm, bank, attic etc. Our backpack pets will be added automatically, as will any new pets when they hatch in our backpack. If we put an egg into our bank the pet will be added next time we open our bank AFTER the pet hatches!

Pets held on another wizard will need to be put in the shared bank for our other wizards to collect them in their tomes too.

Once a pet is in the tome it doesn't get removed if we move the pet. I'm pretty sure we can sell them without losing them too as it is a record of what we collected not what we have - a bit like the fishing tome.

If we have a pet in the kiosk and try to put it into the shared bank it will generate a warning because moving it to another wiz will remove it from the kiosk. I guess it is so we can't put the same pet up on all our wizards at once perhaps?

Some pets show twice in the tome depending on criteria I am still a little unsure of lol. I think it is meant to be for pets that can be bought but can also be made as a hybrid etc. I'm unsure if we need to create a hybrid or if hatching a hybrid counts the same.

The kiosk and pet tome are both a little glitchy atm so don't worry about anomalies, these will be ironed out in updates very soon. Dworgyn mentioned in another thread that hatching day was a bit buggy and would be fixed in the next update. Hang tight, it will all be much smoother soon

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
No when I went to put my pet into the shared bank it told me it would be removed from the Tome if I did, and was I sure I wanted to lose it.

Or words to that effect.

What other type of pet is there besides a crown pet?

Pets we won in battles?

Sometimes those are also crown pets.
I have no way to remember which pets I got where.
Wish the pets that can be added to the hatch kiosk had a sign or symbol on them or something? Individually since some pets are obtainable from more than one place i.e. Crown shop, fishing, drops, whatever. Past hatches maybe? I dunno?

So confusing.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Apr 16, 2018 wrote:
No when I went to put my pet into the shared bank it told me it would be removed from the Tome if I did, and was I sure I wanted to lose it.

Or words to that effect.

What other type of pet is there besides a crown pet?

Pets we won in battles?

Sometimes those are also crown pets.
I have no way to remember which pets I got where.
Wish the pets that can be added to the hatch kiosk had a sign or symbol on them or something? Individually since some pets are obtainable from more than one place i.e. Crown shop, fishing, drops, whatever. Past hatches maybe? I dunno?

So confusing.
When we put a pet into the shared bank, there is a warning that pops up and it says doing so will remove a pet from the HATCHING KIOSK. We get this warning no matter whether we have any pets in the kiosk at that time or not. It is a standard warning, sort of like the other one that tells us removing a pet from the shared bank will drain our energy.

Putting a pet into the shared bank does not remove that pet from our pet tome.

To find out whether a pet can go into the hatch-making kiosk in general, look it up in your pet tome. If it says "Premium" then it can't go in at this time. In general, however, all of our school pets and their hybrids can go in. In general, low-level pets purchased for gold in pet stores can go in. And in general, most pets dropped by bosses or in dungeons can go in. But not all of them and yes, it is confusing.

In a nutshell, if your pet tome marks a pet as "Premium," then you know that pet can't be offered in the hatch-maker. If it does not have a Premium note, then you can probably put it in as long as it's trained to adult.

Hope that helps a little,

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016