Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Bonus

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Just to reintegrate the original message of the post.

Please KI, consider bring the Double Pet Bonus sometime soon (this week hopefully).

Most of us have pets dying to be raised.

The poor critters are waiting for that opportunity to! (Double Pet Experience).

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
And about the female's comments.

I can't just be biased and not say that I can't somewhat relate to what she's saying.

Yes, she has a point and has every right to feel so strongly offended.

While I too welcome the new addition of the kiosk, others coming from what she mentioned feels like it is a slap in the face, much like how the school of and feels when they feel like they aren't getting the necessary and respected updates to their spells as they should.

I think the 100 hour timer is actually a bit too overboard as that even spans more than the original pet timer itself.

Placing pets up there as you noted Catherine is completely voluntary.
So, those who may not necessarily see the fairness into this can opted to ignore it.

However, I also wanted to add that the hatch pepper reward needs to be adjusted. I feel that getting one pepper per hatch is a little unreasonable, especially given the multiple peppers needed for some of these recipes.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
The hatchery has always been a mix of generous people and people who will only hatch for some mix of empowers, potions and gifts. You can view the later people as being rude - or you can view them as recovering the costs of the crowns and gold they spent to get those pets.

Hatchmaking takes the cost out of the hatch. I no longer have to lose 50k gold and a timer (400 crowns) to help someone out and end up with a pet I trash.

There are enough max stat pets (255 250 260 260 250) in the kiosk that I don't understand why anyone would hatch with non-max unless they are just trying to tick something off in their tome. Then in comes down to the tragedy of the commons. If everyone puts bad pets in there trying to get peppers then the good pets become hard to find and everyone suffers. If some people don't put max stat triple doubles etc in there it doesn't matter, because some people do and they reappear once every hour to keep up with demand.

I would say if you want max stat triple doubles, quad criticals, ward pets, its now easier than ever. Yes a single hatch pepper is a pretty poor reward at moment - but I would hope they give us something decent to craft. But there are still some pets that you can't get at moment. e.g. energy boosting dapper corgis, health boosting leaf foot.

And for the record, I spent months and millions of gold and thousands of crowns for my max stat triple doubles, and yes I still put them in kiosk anyway.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
That's admirable of you Michael, I too have joined you in the chorus of offering worth-while pets to the kiosk.

It's no doubt that like you said, there's always be persons on the courteous side of things and those on the harsh, offensive side.

But, it is quite evident that a majority of us believe in helping and assisting others, which is why there are so many decent pets on the kiosk.

I can't overemphasize enough the fact that the kiosk being surrounded by good pets is such a breather and a very relieving thing.

It breathes hope to the fact that even though there may be some players who don't agree with the system, they're still willing to help!

This is progress as a community!
And it's something remarkable to see and be apart of!

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Taylor SwiftStalke... on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
Just to reintegrate the original message of the post.

Please KI, consider bring the Double Pet Bonus sometime soon (this week hopefully).

Most of us have pets dying to be raised.

The poor critters are waiting for that opportunity to! (Double Pet Experience).

Be patient. There are double pet XP events every month or so. As others have noted, it will be far quicker to create max stat pets than it was before the kiosk, so waiting a month for double XP is much better than the many months it took before.

Also, you must see double XP from both sides. From the players perspective it is good for levelling pets up quick. From KI perspective, it is good revenue as people spend crowns on hatching elixirs and energy potions. If double XP was every second weekend then people wouldn't spend as many crowns because they know they don't have to wait long til next event. Making the events only once a month encourages people to spend crowns - and it works. I know myself and many others buy potions during the double XP events.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Michael Bluestone on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
Be patient. There are double pet XP events every month or so. As others have noted, it will be far quicker to create max stat pets than it was before the kiosk, so waiting a month for double XP is much better than the many months it took before.

Also, you must see double XP from both sides. From the players perspective it is good for levelling pets up quick. From KI perspective, it is good revenue as people spend crowns on hatching elixirs and energy potions. If double XP was every second weekend then people wouldn't spend as many crowns because they know they don't have to wait long til next event. Making the events only once a month encourages people to spend crowns - and it works. I know myself and many others buy potions during the double XP events.
The double pet XP is great for members.
I think it would be a good idea to come out with a double XP Pet elixir, that last an hour or two, If it last two hours for sure whoever bought this would also get hatching and energy elixirs to last the time the potion is available. I, for one, have all the worlds bought with crowns and would welcome this idea.
They have triple Animus elixir and major fishing luck. Now that they had the double reagent event, would be nice to have an elixir for that also.
Elixirs are used by both members and non-members.