Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WOW! The hatch kiosk is AMAZING! :D

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I am so happy! I've helped 73 people from one account since the kiosk went live just today and my daughter has helped over 200 across her 2 accounts! We've never been able to help so many people all so fast and with NO cost to us!

I absolutely love this new update

A million out of 10 Kingsisle for this update to enable easy sharing and make pets accessible to all! It's made me soooooo happy!

I also had a lovely hatch (traditional way) for a new unicorn plushie when she saw me jumping about like a crazy person with it lol.

How is your hatching going everyone? Are you having fun? Have you got the dogs in the commons to tell you what mischief their up to? They're working doggedly....and keeping things top secret...so far! Anyone got anything nice from the kiosk?

HAPPY HATCHING!!!!!

PS. No apology for the excessive use of exclamations...for once it is justified

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, here are my thoughts on the hatchmaker so far:

It's a welcomed addition! No doubt going to be one of the highlights of this year's update!

This combined with the Pet Tome was phenomenal thinking!

I dislike the % of gaining new pets though. - I'll elaborate. It seems crowns pet or not, the chances of getting the pet you're hatching with is incredibly low (of course it would be if the pet were a crowns pet) but this seems to be the case generally across the board.
I'm feeling Iike it's a 75% chance of you getting the same pet you used to hatched with.

Anyone with any different statistic?

As a disclaimer, the new unicorn pets are so cute

Would love to see the pet bonus right now though; that would be the icing on the cake!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Star Edward on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:

It's a welcomed addition! No doubt going to be one of the highlights of this year's update!

I dislike the % of gaining new pets though. - I'll elaborate. It seems crowns pet or not, the chances of getting the pet you're hatching with is incredibly low (of course it would be if the pet were a crowns pet) but this seems to be the case generally across the board.
I'm feeling Iike it's a 75% chance of you getting the same pet you used to hatched with.

Would love to see the pet bonus right now though; that would be the icing on the cake!

I just checked this morning and I have a total of 157 hatches on just one account! They doubled while I was sleeping - all people I could not have hatched with if I had needed to be online to do traditional hatches. The timers I'd have used would have been over 60k crowns! The gold would have been about 7 MILLION!

Honestly, I am feeling quite overwhelmed with happiness

The hatch tome is awesome too and it would be so cool if they added a section to check the pets collected across the account as well as the individual wizards....but I suspect that might be excessive coding? It will take quite some time and organisation to move pets around to collect as many as I can in each tome....I hear the sound of jewels shattering already!

I do hope that KI opens the kiosk up to more crown pets - some of the ones we can't offer are so old and commonly found I forgot they were crowns!

I'm not sure on the % pass rate of pet body. I think when we have bad luck we have a tendency to assume mechanisms have changed or been meddled with in a way we were not expecting. I know some pets (and talents) are more 'sticky' than others in traditional hatching. We've heard the sigil mechanics will remain the same, but I wonder if Dworgyn would be able to clarify if the mechanics of hatching is exactly the same in the kiosk as the sigils? Are the chances of body type/talents etc the same? It's easier to accept bad luck with RNG if we know it's the same everywhere

PS. I haven't started working on the plushies yet but I do have them and will be jumping about with them in Dworgyn hatchery and Pet Pavillion by about 1pm Central time and over the weekend for anyone who wants to try to hatch for them too...I'm the weirdo with the plushie jumping about like an excited kid at Christmas haha!

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I think it's a start, but most my pets do not qualify for the kiosk. I think they need to open it up to all pets. If they are currently available in the crown shop or a pack, I can see having to spend crowns to hatch, but if you can hatch the traditional way I think they should be available in the kiosk. I loved the idea of the kiosk because it was so hard to find people on here or at central willing to hatch.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
mittensk on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:
I think it's a start, but most my pets do not qualify for the kiosk. I think they need to open it up to all pets. If they are currently available in the crown shop or a pack, I can see having to spend crowns to hatch, but if you can hatch the traditional way I think they should be available in the kiosk. I loved the idea of the kiosk because it was so hard to find people on here or at central willing to hatch.
I totally agree! I really hope KI opens it up to more crown pets and I was surprised at how many of mine were crown pets so couldn't be added. I understand the newest crown pets not being available in the kiosk but there are A LOT of old ones I'd love to see added asap....my corgis want to help people with their gardening and fishing needs!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Aww! It's nice to read such a happy thread.
I have not found the pet hatch kiosk yet, or tried it, but I'm thrilled for each of you that are so happy!

I did notice that the game told me each pet I had in backpack was now in my tome.

I had a small question. If I went to put a pet in the shared bank it said 'are you sure, now it won't be in your tome any more.' Did it mean that specific pet or that breed of pet?

I was going to give the Mystic Unicorn Plushie to my Death Wizard because it seemed to fit more...and you can only 'wear' one pet at a time.

The Unicorn Plushies are addorrrraaaablbbblllleeee.... Lol I predict a real fad with those a la My Little Pony or Beanie Babies. Virtual style.

I also thought the good stuff wasn't as hard to get as usual form a pack, although, I've also noticed the odds seem much better the first day any pack goes on sale. I still feel like the 'odds' turn over more quickly if everyone is frantically buying a pack all at the same time.

I was actually able to get a perm unicorn mount so I was happy about that! I was surprised the horse's legs are not longer but the art, the animation, the coloring, everything about the horses are superfabulous otherwise! I love the smooth animation and there is even great animation if the horse stops or turns.

I now have a LOT of other unicorn things though. haha

Anyone want to open a Unicorn Wig Shop?

Oh uh about the hatching kiosk, sorry got off track -- I will try to train some Plushies and use the kiosk...if I understand right it's any bought pet?? I dunno?? I only have ONE trained pet at the moment!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I wonder if KI will also update pet games to go along with this and make training easier and more fun?

I feel like, as many pets as we all have, the points should accrue much faster and easier -- 7 points at a go, per pet, people can take a year to train a pet fully.

I think the training part shouldn't be so hard. It's kind of a time waster tbh.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Star Edward on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:

Hm.

Yesterday I did 13 hatches with the kiosk. The first ten times in a row, I got back my own pet type no matter what pet I used, crowns or non-crowns, school-specific or dropped. Only during the last three hatches did I get back the other pet body type.

(So I finally did get a Chieftains Owl! )

In total, 3/13 hatches for me came back as other pet, and 10/13 hatches came back as my own pet. That's a fairly small sample size, but it ran roughly 77% my own type and 23% the other pet in that batch. In other words, it looks like my experience confirms your observation.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
A lot of my best pets are crowns ones, so I couldn't immediately add them to the kiosk yesterday. Since some of them have great talents and stats, I attempted to transfer those to a pet type that can go in.

For example, I translated an offensive Fairyfly pet into an offensive Brown Recluse Spider (gives 2 spider cards that puts up an offensive Life bubble spell) and that pet went into the kiosk by 4pm yesterday afternoon. I was able to do that within 2-3 hatches! Pretty amazing.

Today I'll check in to see how many hatches I've helped others with using the pets I could put into the kiosk right away. Most of the ones I was able to immediately add yesterday are my Ice and Balance school heal/defense pets, or damage/critical pets.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I hope I didn't jinx the Plushie win rate -- I got some Unicorn packs for my other wiz yesterday and did not get one.single.Plushie! Please don't nerf it. They are adorable

The 'knight' robe or the silvery unicorn robe is proving very hard to get.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I absolutely love the hatching kiosk! I've been able to hatch with all sorts of pets within a short period of time. Only thing that annoys me about the kiosk is that all of my good pets are on crown pets which can't be offered up. It's weird that all of my stat pets are crown pets.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
While I love the idea of being able to help lots of people, I honestly think if you are going to charge me 1000k crowns to hatch with a pet that hatched with mine, I should be guaranteed to get that other pet.

Also, why in the world am I being charged crowns to hatch with a crown pet that I already own?!?

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Here are a couple of suggestions on the new hatch kiosk:

1) Get rid of the crowns charge. If a pet is so costly that you feel the need to charge mandatory crowns, then don't offer it all until it becomes fiscally justifiable. Having said that, I think there should be an optional crowns hatching fee on every pet. There are many times I would prefer to use my crowns to hatch instead of gold, but it should be optional for people to choose, not mandatory on a few pets.
2) Add some more filters for us to make finding the pet we wish much easier, instead of scrolling through the entire collection looking for what we want.

Overall this was a much needed infusion of life into a game that seemed to be lacking in recent years. The kiosk greatly helps muted people who really had no good way to look for pets. It also neutered the ability of "game trolls" who took advantage of kids, and the unsuspecting by charging them "gifts" to hatch. I would rate this update 8 out of 10 stars. Well done.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
So how does one actually get folks to hatch their pets at the kiosk?

I have five pets offered and as of yesterday morning not one hatch.

Steven Ghoststalker

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Area51Alien on Apr 18, 2018 wrote:
So how does one actually get folks to hatch their pets at the kiosk?

I have five pets offered and as of yesterday morning not one hatch.

Steven Ghoststalker
Nothing is a guarantee, but several things can improve your chances such as rarity of pet, high or max stats, and a combination of good talents that is desirable by other players.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Many persons, especially seasoned hatchers/pet trainers are not only considering particular talents a pet has manifested, but, we also take a look on of course the pet itself, and the stats the pet has!

To avoid some talents such as Spell Proof only bringing 9%, or a damage-dealer only bringing 9% instead of a full 10%, most of us consider the overall stats a particular pet has.

• First generation pets are always skipped over.
  • Pets with bad talents are always skipped over.
  • Pets requiring crowns are usually skipped over.

The pets I have up there now have been constantly hatched with because they satisfy the requirements I mentioned originally.

To add, many of us look for pets that have manifested all 5 talents. It helps us to deduce the talents the offspring should manifest itself.

It's not easy to deduce this with a younger pet; it's even risky.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Which pets can we actually add?

Which type and is there a list somewhere?

Does a pet that was in a pack count as a 'crowns pet?'

Survivor
Oct 31, 2013
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 12, 2018 wrote:
I am so happy! I've helped 73 people from one account since the kiosk went live just today and my daughter has helped over 200 across her 2 accounts! We've never been able to help so many people all so fast and with NO cost to us!

I absolutely love this new update

A million out of 10 Kingsisle for this update to enable easy sharing and make pets accessible to all! It's made me soooooo happy!

I also had a lovely hatch (traditional way) for a new unicorn plushie when she saw me jumping about like a crazy person with it lol.

How is your hatching going everyone? Are you having fun? Have you got the dogs in the commons to tell you what mischief their up to? They're working doggedly....and keeping things top secret...so far! Anyone got anything nice from the kiosk?

HAPPY HATCHING!!!!!

PS. No apology for the excessive use of exclamations...for once it is justified
I personally LOVE this new addon for the game! I feel like it just balances the fairness of wizards not having to ask anymore to hatch CONSTANTLY

But speaking on the kiosk behalf, I love how there is FEATURED pets for every few weeks, and that they give you the opportunity to hatch with it. Adding on to my claim, You have to be level (I believe) 7 or above to gain the pet pavilion quest and access the place. Therefore, you will not see any low-level OP players just walking around with an amazing status pet. Supporting this conclusion, you need a certain amount of gold to hatch. So only working hard and earning it will result in this beautiful update. It's VERY well thought out, and it seems they have fixed the crown update as well.

A market would be really nice to have, buying meat, fruit, and vegetables, then crafting pet snacks, or being able to eat for health and mana! Which leads to the next idea - CAFE~!

A Cafe~ would serve as a health and mana replenisher boost. Obviously, it would cost dearly, but I'd like it as a place to sit and chat, with actual sitting animations and sitting and talking animations alongside that. Maybe for fun could be a "job" for a gold amount, or simply a food minigame to give the game more of a fun side for the high levels. Functional food and features like buying food for someone you care about can also lead aside this idea.

A bank~ would serve the high levels mostly, for when you run out of space, deposit the extra gold into the building. It could help a LOT for players who seek to stash up on gold. Maybe you could even pay checks to friends. Just a thought.

- So far I've gotten a velociraptor and given that to my fire, a courageous bull, and a fire (hybrid) Spinosaurus

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Star Edward on Apr 18, 2018 wrote:
Many persons, especially seasoned hatchers/pet trainers are not only considering particular talents a pet has manifested, but, we also take a look on of course the pet itself, and the stats the pet has!

To avoid some talents such as Spell Proof only bringing 9%, or a damage-dealer only bringing 9% instead of a full 10%, most of us consider the overall stats a particular pet has.

• First generation pets are always skipped over.
  • Pets with bad talents are always skipped over.
  • Pets requiring crowns are usually skipped over.

The pets I have up there now have been constantly hatched with because they satisfy the requirements I mentioned originally.

To add, many of us look for pets that have manifested all 5 talents. It helps us to deduce the talents the offspring should manifest itself.

It's not easy to deduce this with a younger pet; it's even risky.

So basically, until I get some pets beyond first generation, don't even bother.

Got it.

S Gs

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Apr 18, 2018 wrote:

To find out whether a pet can go into the hatch-making kiosk in general, look it up in your pet tome. Down in the lower right corner, if it says "Premium" then it can't go in at this time. In general, however, all of our school pets and their hybrids can go in. In general, low-level pets purchased for gold in pet stores can go in. And in general, most pets dropped by bosses or in dungeons can go in. But not all of them and yes, it is confusing.

In a nutshell, if your pet tome marks a pet as "Premium," then you know that pet can't be offered in the hatch-maker. If it does not have a premium note, then you can probably put it in as long as it's trained to adult.

Hope that helps a little,

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Oct 31, 2013
SparkleTude on Apr 18, 2018 wrote:

I believe that it is possible for SOME crown pets to be in the hatching kiosk, but in order to hatch with them, there is a crown fee you have to pay. Some wizards don't like this idea due to the fact you as-well have to pay gold alongside it.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thanks so much! Freshta and Please Answer.

That will give me a handy 'shortcut' way to check and is easy to remember, Freshta, thanks!

Please Answer: It doesn't seem like something that would be popular - crowns for hatching. Is that only for the one receiving a new egg or pet or whatever? Or do both have to pay crowns?

I think one reason I didn't feel a need to train petes before is that I would have to pay 40,000 gold (takes me forever to save that much) for each attempt and I have tons of pets already. And wouldn't really want an egg out of it. So the kiosk seems to have changed to only the one who gets an egg has to pay, which is good. But paying crowns? Hmm.

I can see why KI wouldn't want people to get 'crowns pets' for 'free' because it might discourage sales, but, then the 2nd generations and beyond wouldn't really be the same as a new 1st gen pet from the crowns store anyway.

And someone else said no one wants the 1st gen pets regardless? Well I'm stuck then...I have a lot of pets but they're all first gen and only one is trained. Not even to adult.

Oh! So the new Unicorn Plushies probably won't be hatchable -- I was training a pink one, the other day.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Area51Alien on Apr 19, 2018 wrote:
So basically, until I get some pets beyond first generation, don't even bother.

Got it.

S Gs
I wouldn't quite put it that way.

You absolutely CAN place any adult pet into the kiosk and you can benefit a little bit from doing so. You won't be likely to get anyone to hatch with it, true. However, if you leave it in for a full seven days, at the end of the week you will get a pepper reagent just for having listed the pet.

Also, some extremely rare or unusual first generation pets DO get hatches. My Death has an adult, first-gen Polterpooch (really rare drop, not obtainable by hatching) and she's gotten quite a few hatches on it. Any pet hatched with a Polterpooch will get back a Ghost Hound hybrid, which is also quite rare.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Freshta on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
I wouldn't quite put it that way.

You absolutely CAN place any adult pet into the kiosk and you can benefit a little bit from doing so. You won't be likely to get anyone to hatch with it, true. However, if you leave it in for a full seven days, at the end of the week you will get a pepper reagent just for having listed the pet.

Also, some extremely rare or unusual first generation pets DO get hatches. My Death has an adult, first-gen Polterpooch (really rare drop, not obtainable by hatching) and she's gotten quite a few hatches on it. Any pet hatched with a Polterpooch will get back a Ghost Hound hybrid, which is also quite rare.

Alia Misthaven
What you are saying is that the Polterpooch can not be trained to have any talents other than the original ones that it comes with?
Because if I try to hatch it with a pet to get higher stats and better talents, I will not get a Polterpooch back.
So this pet is, as is and it don't get any better?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Freshta on Apr 19, 2018 wrote:
To find out whether a pet can go into the hatch-making kiosk in general, look it up in your pet tome. Down in the lower right corner, if it says "Premium" then it can't go in at this time. In general, however, all of our school pets and their hybrids can go in. In general, low-level pets purchased for gold in pet stores can go in. And in general, most pets dropped by bosses or in dungeons can go in. But not all of them and yes, it is confusing.

In a nutshell, if your pet tome marks a pet as "Premium," then you know that pet can't be offered in the hatch-maker. If it does not have a premium note, then you can probably put it in as long as it's trained to adult.

Hope that helps a little,

Alia Misthaven
You know, posts like these should be archived and included within the small book next to the hatching kiosk.

This is the answer that I see wizards searching for daily when they walk up to the kiosk.

They ask: "What does Premium mean?"

"What can't I place X Pet Up?"

"What's going on for the hatch of the day?"
Etc.

The tome fails to answer a majority of these questions so I'm hoping that an update will soon be introduced either updating the original tome, or introducing a second one geared at answer/clearing up most of these common queries.