Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about Wintertusk Gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
I was just wondering if my Life wizard could craft and wear the Storm gear from Wintertusk?

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
No, Wintertusk crafted gear is school specific. Your life wizard can only wear the life crafted gear.

Thomas Wildstaff, 92

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
If you're referring to the level 56+ crafted gear, then your could craft it, but she won't be able to equip as the gear are school locked.

So, your best bet is to just use the crafted gear.

However, if you're looking to improve your Stats, then gear from the Professor Hoard's Pack is your best bet.
The gear the pack offers aren't school yet.
A ring and athame increasing either general or damage can help too!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The Wintertusk gear is restricted to each respective school.

However, there is crafted level 55 gear available in Celestia that combines two schools. They are low on defense but do a good job with health, critical and damage. The hat recipes are in the Grotto, sold by a dog locked up in one of the cages. The boots are sold in Stormriven, close to where you first enter. The robes are sold in the Science Center.

You can definitely combine Life and Storm using that crafted Celestian gear.

Another option is some of the Crowns packs. The gear that drops from Road Warrior's Hoard and Ghulture's Hoard combines Life and Storm on one piece. Maybe the Immortal's Lore does too, but I'm less sure of that. In all cases, the hats and boots have damage stats, but the robes are defense only.

Alia Misthaven

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Taylorash9 on Apr 6, 2018 wrote:
I was just wondering if my Life wizard could craft and wear the Storm gear from Wintertusk?
Yes, your life can graft gear for your storm. It is purchasable for any school. I do this for my wizards when they reach level 56.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Freshta on Apr 6, 2018 wrote:
The Wintertusk gear is restricted to each respective school.

However, there is crafted level 55 gear available in Celestia that combines two schools. They are low on defense but do a good job with health, critical and damage. The hat recipes are in the Grotto, sold by a dog locked up in one of the cages. The boots are sold in Stormriven, close to where you first enter. The robes are sold in the Science Center.

You can definitely combine Life and Storm using that crafted Celestian gear.

Another option is some of the Crowns packs. The gear that drops from Road Warrior's Hoard and Ghulture's Hoard combines Life and Storm on one piece. Maybe the Immortal's Lore does too, but I'm less sure of that. In all cases, the hats and boots have damage stats, but the robes are defense only.

Alia Misthaven
This is very useful, thank you!

Survivor
May 23, 2015
frostednutella on Apr 6, 2018 wrote:
Yes, your life can graft gear for your storm. It is purchasable for any school. I do this for my wizards when they reach level 56.
hi I have the same question so I'm on my life wizard trying to craft level 56 fire gear can I craft it or not because when I went to my crafting table for gear it didn't show up for me to craft it so I'm a little confused if I'm able to or not

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
David death blade on Apr 14, 2018 wrote:
hi I have the same question so I'm on my life wizard trying to craft level 56 fire gear can I craft it or not because when I went to my crafting table for gear it didn't show up for me to craft it so I'm a little confused if I'm able to or not
The Wintertusk gear must be crafted in Grizzleheim at their special crafting anvil. It's inside of a cave located near the fisher bears. Follow the stone path across the river and that will lead you into the crafting cave.

Your Life wizard can craft Fire gear, but they will not be able to wear that Fire gear. Instead, they can pass it to a Fire wizard on your account through the shared bank.

Alia Misthaven