Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which do you think has higher drop rate?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
So, I was wondering what the community thinks has higher drop rates between nastery amulets and Loremaster spells.
(I think spells has higher drop rate☺)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, the Loremaster might appear to have a higher drop rate because the math works in her favor.

Currently, she drops all known spells that can be crafted and/or learnt from packs. That's quite a number!

They're only seven of each Mastery Amulet, whether it be the regular one available from the Crown Shop, the exalted or Morganthe's.

Fact is, the amulets are scattered among bosses.
The Gladiator for example drops all kinds of the exalted amulet, anyone has gotten any without intentionally farming for it?

So, it's cases like these I feel Loremaster may appear to have a higher drop rate.

Would love to see a elixir or some form of bonus that increases our "luck" or the bosses drop rate specifically for items we're looking for. The elixir will only be able to be used once every 24 or so hours or even every week.

Whatever the case is, I'm sure it would make things a lot less frustrating.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

After farming Loremaster hundreds of times I have received exactly ONE spell (and off school at that, so basically useless), plus maybe five Lore treasure cards in total. One Pigsie tc, one Winter Moon tc, and a couple of others that I didn't need. The actual Loremaster treasure card that I was after? Never dropped even once. Finally I gave up and started growing Sword Ferns to get the seven tc I needed. (That works for Loremaster tc's, but doesn't help with Pigsie or SnowPigs. *sigh*)

Meanwhile, for roughly 1/3 as many battles (seeking the Potent Trap TC and/or amber) Cronus has gifted me with no less than four mastery amulets, including Life, Death, Myth and Ice. Plus amber and agave nectar, various wands, and the Blade of Felled Titan several times.

So in my experience, Cronus drops way more reliably than Loremaster.

I haven't tried Omen yet for his mastery amulets, don't know what the drop rate is there. Probably Cronus has been nerfed, which would explain some of my luck.

Loremaster and Omen have not yet been nerfed, as far as I know. And so, maybe you're right that Loremaster drops her spells more reliably than Omen drops his amulets.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I have been farming Loremaster on and off for a while in hopes of getting Deer Knight or Lord of Night for my Death to no avail. I really don't want to go through the whole crafting process for those cards (I've had plenty of bad experiences with crafting thank you very much).

Mastery Amulets drop from various bosses all around the Spiral, though I won't go into it much as Freshta and Star Edward have already talked about it. I do know that Luska Charmbeak from Waterworks drops Mastery Amulets as well, however, though I also haven't received any either from multiple bosses . All in all though, I think it'd be far easier to get Mastery Amulets rather than Loremaster spells.

Thomas Wildstaff, 92

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I haven't farmed Omen very much. For example, I still don't have the Skates mount. However, I do have perhaps 5 of his mastery amulets. Not entirely sure but he might be the drop source most likely to give you mastery amulets. Meanwhile, I've only gotten one mastery amulet from anyone else (and that was in Darkmoor, which I have done a ton).

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
Mastery Amulets for sure. While I was farming for the Waterworks gear, I got a couple of them. I didn't even realize it until later on haha. Again, When I was farming the Gladiator in Olympus for Amber, I got LOADS of the exalted mastery amulets (I wish I could put them on the wall to show off ).
I don't even want to think about how many hours - no, DAYS....no, WEEKS, I spent farming the lore master for a perm spell. I only got one from her, and of course it wasn't even for my school haha.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I am NOT into farming Loremaster, her drop rate is very low.
I have tried several hundred times and
come up empty handed.
I really would rather they give me a choice to craft the
treasure cards I need to craft the spell. Like they did
with Loremaster Spell.
I farmed Darkmoor hundreds of times and ended up with all the gear for my wizards.
So why is Loremasters drop rate so low?