Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Perk Trees

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2017
So, thinking this through, it's a long shot. However, I still want to present it because I think it's still a good idea.

The other day I was thinking about Skyrim. If you don't know, Skyrim is the fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls role-playing series. When one levels up in Skyrim, they may choose to upgrade one of three stats: The choices are Health, Stamina, and Magicka. If the player chooses a stat, it gets raised by 10 points. They then get to choose a perk from a perk tree. The trees include One-Handed Fighting, Blocking, Pickpocketing, and the various schools of Magic. This led me to my idea.

In Wizard101, we get training points every four levels until level 20, then every five levels there on out. What if when we got our training points, we could also choose a perk on a perk tree. Let me be clear when saying that a perk tree will not be anything big. For example, a perk tree will not include getting a new spell or new gear or anything else that will throw you several steps ahead in the content. What my idea of a perk tree would be is something smaller. I have examples below.

• Wisp Boosts (2.5% more from wisps, 5%, 7.5%, 10%, 12.5%, 15%, 17.5%. 20%, 22.5%, 25%)
  • Better chance for more and/or rarer reagents (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%)
  • More space in backpack (5 slots, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50)
  • Better pet experience and/or more energy (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%)
  • Better fishing chances for more/rarer fish (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%)
  • Better gardening chances for more/rarer seeds/drops (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%)
I'm certain there are other ideas. Anyways, just a thought.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Congratulations Wizard!

You have succeeded in <insert X10 level name here>, <Insert School Tree name here> has invited to you come get <school fruit>

Where in the school fruit would boost one of those stats?

Cool idea.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
That’d actually be quite cool. I feel like it’d be really broken if it were boosting actual character stats like Damage %, but I think it’d be nice with miscellaneous stats like that. Nice idea!

Thomas Wildstaff, 90

Survivor
Mar 12, 2017
Guavaman36 on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:
So, thinking this through, it's a long shot. However, I still want to present it because I think it's still a good idea.

The other day I was thinking about Skyrim. If you don't know, Skyrim is the fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls role-playing series. When one levels up in Skyrim, they may choose to upgrade one of three stats: The choices are Health, Stamina, and Magicka. If the player chooses a stat, it gets raised by 10 points. They then get to choose a perk from a perk tree. The trees include One-Handed Fighting, Blocking, Pickpocketing, and the various schools of Magic. This led me to my idea.

In Wizard101, we get training points every four levels until level 20, then every five levels there on out. What if when we got our training points, we could also choose a perk on a perk tree. Let me be clear when saying that a perk tree will not be anything big. For example, a perk tree will not include getting a new spell or new gear or anything else that will throw you several steps ahead in the content. What my idea of a perk tree would be is something smaller. I have examples below.

• Wisp Boosts (2.5% more from wisps, 5%, 7.5%, 10%, 12.5%, 15%, 17.5%. 20%, 22.5%, 25%)
  • Better chance for more and/or rarer reagents (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%)
  • More space in backpack (5 slots, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50)
  • Better pet experience and/or more energy (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%)
  • Better fishing chances for more/rarer fish (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%)
  • Better gardening chances for more/rarer seeds/drops (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%)
I'm certain there are other ideas. Anyways, just a thought.
Thinking more about this, I've found out that we get 26 training points which would mean we would get 26 perk upgrades. How would you spend yours?