Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

please tell me what this clothing icon stands for

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
vloswd fist stands for damage; what does the open hand stand for?? it's not in the guide!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It is in the player's guide:

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/spell-cards

It means it is a manipulation spell.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If you are in your spellbook looking over your weapon, clothing or pet choices...

Closed fist means "equip" or pick up the item.

Open fist means "unequip" or put down the item.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Are you meaning the open hand next to a damage number instead of a closed fist next to a damage? If so, I've seen this too. I think it indicates flat damage instead of percentage damage. I have it on low level gear and all of the ones with the open hand are flat damage (they add that number of damage points to the hit rather than a percentage of the hit being added). All of the percentage damages have the closed fist.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
Is the open hand part of the stats for the gear?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
LOL, there are a lot of closed and open fists/hand icons in this game.

If you are referring to the open hand looking icon on the jewels, those are flat damage. Basically, those jewels add that exact amount shown to your overall damage when you apply the jewel to your clothing.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
FluffyMarycorphus on Apr 1, 2018 wrote:
Is the open hand part of the stats for the gear?
I think so and I didn't find it in the guide though I looked a dozen times thinking I must be over looking it.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Oran of Urz on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:

bet I looked int the guide a dozen times and I didn't see it . . . the guide in the book while playing . . . didn't find on eizard wiki and didn't know where else to look . . . what exactly does it do?

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Oran of Urz on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:

at that link . . . is wrong hand . . . fingers are spread open; when you but a piece of gear and hover over to check stats, there is a new on of the open hand, like a slap . . . fingers together . . . yet no one I asked knows what it stands for. I sure don't.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 1, 2018 wrote:
Are you meaning the open hand next to a damage number instead of a closed fist next to a damage? If so, I've seen this too. I think it indicates flat damage instead of percentage damage. I have it on low level gear and all of the ones with the open hand are flat damage (they add that number of damage points to the hit rather than a percentage of the hit being added). All of the percentage damages have the closed fist.
where is it defined?? don't know why they have to make thinks so difficult

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
OK, still don't know and still can't find it . . .

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
If you're talking about cards, with the image of an open hand on the bottom right corner of the picture on a spell, then that means it's a type of manipulation spell. They're often related to cards such as summoning minions, cleanse, enfeeble, etc., things to help "manipulate" the battle into going your way. It's mentioned right there on the link Oran of Urz gave, on the Player Guide.

If you're talking about clothing, then the open hand icon means to equip something, while the closed fist icon means to unequip something. I don't believe the open hand appears on any type of stats on a piece of equipment.

Hope this cleared it up for you.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
if you are talking about the open/closed fist in a circle at the bottom of the right hand page in your open book, that is an indicator that the item is equipped or not. Please tell us where you are seeing this icon.