Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is there 7 Schools and I can only create 6?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2017
Something is wrong with that picture. I am paying for the game and the game consists of 7 schools, not 6. I should be able top have 7 wizards then...And not cause me to have to create a new membership or delete one of my wizards to put in the 7th.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
Yea they really need to add space to one more characterIt makes me really sad that i can't play all the schools

Plz KingsIsle make space for one more character

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Like I predicted earlier last year, this topic comes up at least once a week.

I for one got tired of chiming in with the same thing over and over but I'll share a recent post discussing the topic in details by fellow wizards.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/7th-character-slot-8ad6a426614b811401618e892e687326?page=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/character-limit-8ad6a424604f2876016071f0a7ee5e95?page=1

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I heard this from someone but I don't remember from where and who and that is: Originally KI thought 6 would be enough and didn't expect people to want to play through 7 schools but don't quote me on that. It had nothing to do with money. As time went by and more MMO games are coming around with more than 6 characters to choose from, I think it's time for Kingsisle to take a step further and add 1 or 2 more character slots to stay ahead of the competition.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2018
Yeah, we need another character slot. Support 101%

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
There is nothing wrong with asking for a 7th (or more) wizard slots but it is not helpful to demand it or see ourselves as somehow entitled to it.

We do pay for the game, but that does not mean we are entitled to 7 slots. There were never 7 slots and nothing has been taken from us. They could have made it so accounts could only hold 3 or 4 wizards and I'd hazard a guess that most if not all of us would still have paid to play.

If it was a financial decision it could have been partly to entice players to create a second account but it could also have been to do with the additional costs of data storage and keeping the membership price low, while suitably profitable.

I don't know why there are enough slots for all but one school but I do know a lot of people who have made second accounts to experience their missing school because they want a full set.

Before we say we are paying for this therefore we are entitled to more than the initial agreement we should first ask ourselves if we would be willing to pay double for everything for that entitlement?

There is nothing wrong with asking for more, but demanding or arguing that we are rightfully entitled to it when we are not is counter-productive to what we would like to be GIVEN.

That said, I'd love to see more wizard slots open up on our accounts and I think it would make a lot of wizards very happy

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with asking for a 7th (or more) wizard slots but it is not helpful to demand it or see ourselves as somehow entitled to it.

We do pay for the game, but that does not mean we are entitled to 7 slots. There were never 7 slots and nothing has been taken from us. They could have made it so accounts could only hold 3 or 4 wizards and I'd hazard a guess that most if not all of us would still have paid to play.

If it was a financial decision it could have been partly to entice players to create a second account but it could also have been to do with the additional costs of data storage and keeping the membership price low, while suitably profitable.

I don't know why there are enough slots for all but one school but I do know a lot of people who have made second accounts to experience their missing school because they want a full set.

Before we say we are paying for this therefore we are entitled to more than the initial agreement we should first ask ourselves if we would be willing to pay double for everything for that entitlement?

There is nothing wrong with asking for more, but demanding or arguing that we are rightfully entitled to it when we are not is counter-productive to what we would like to be GIVEN.

That said, I'd love to see more wizard slots open up on our accounts and I think it would make a lot of wizards very happy
Who is demanding a 7th character slot? Demanding is when someone say the word such as. I demand you or I order you etc... and no one is doing that here. Suggesting your interest or encouraging is not demanding. Ki never said not adding more slots was about money. Money was never a big enough issue to limit 6 character slots. and no one can possibly know it was a financial decision and allow to share that information except Kingsisle. If I'm wrong, where did they specifically say that?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:
Who is demanding a 7th character slot? Demanding is when someone say the word such as. I demand you or I order you etc... and no one is doing that here. Suggesting your interest or encouraging is not demanding. Ki never said not adding more slots was about money. Money was never a big enough issue to limit 6 character slots. and no one can possibly know it was a financial decision and allow to share that information except Kingsisle. If I'm wrong, where did they specifically say that?
The original post reads:

"Why is there 7 schools and I can only create 6? Something is wrong with that picture. I am paying for the game and the game consists of 7 schools, not 6. I should be able top have 7 wizards then...And not cause me to have to create a new membership or delete one of my wizards to put in the 7th."

Perhaps that does not read a little entitled to you, but to me it does.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:
The original post reads:

"Why is there 7 schools and I can only create 6? Something is wrong with that picture. I am paying for the game and the game consists of 7 schools, not 6. I should be able top have 7 wizards then...And not cause me to have to create a new membership or delete one of my wizards to put in the 7th."

Perhaps that does not read a little entitled to you, but to me it does.
Yes I read Cooler1179's postI understand what that player is trying to say and I see nothing wrong with it according to how life in the real world can really demand . Maybe it's his or her way expressing by saying: I would like a 7th character slot without spending more money than I need to? If you feel that's too demanding for your taste, How do you feel Cooler1179 should have said it and perhaps personally tell that player that? As you said, perhaps you and I have different meaning what demanding is and so does everyone else

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 1, 2018 wrote:
Yes I read Cooler1179's postI understand what that player is trying to say and I see nothing wrong with it according to how life in the real world can really demand . Maybe it's his or her way expressing by saying: I would like a 7th character slot without spending more money than I need to? If you feel that's too demanding for your taste, How do you feel Cooler1179 should have said it and perhaps personally tell that player that? As you said, perhaps you and I have different meaning what demanding is and so does everyone else
Perhaps it is the curse of us having to interpret tone when reading text. My post was in response to the tone I heard when reading the post and I accept that I may have misheard the tone intended. I don't think we have the right to a 7th character slot but I agree it would be cool if KI decided to expand our accounts to accommodate it

In response to your question 'How do you feel Cooler1179 should have said it...?' I accept we can all say things how we want to but if I were asking for a 7th character slot I wouldn't say I have paid for it when there have only ever been 6 slots. I wouldn't suggest KI is giving us a raw deal by only allowing us 6 characters per account. I'd choose to focus on what a great deal it would be and how much it would be appreciated if they chose to extend the accounts to accommodate playing all 7 schools

Just to clarify, my opinion that the post could come across as entitled was firmly about the post and not the poster! Everything I have said has been about the wording of the post and I hold no negative opinion about Cooler1179

Explorer
May 20, 2012
So anyone that wants to have a wizard of the seventh school has to have another account.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2015
I think it is because you don’t really need all 7. Also they made a whole amazing game with amazing graphics and everything and here you are asking for a seventh slot. If you want an idea on how to get all 7 finish the game with at least one of your wizards and then delete it. Just giving advice