Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hocus-pocus blades

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I realized, don't remember when, that I could stack blades and get a lot more punch for my hit. I had blades as one of my school spells, my puppy had blades, and I trained for elemental blades. Now two school blades wouldn't stack, but a school blade and a puppy blade and I had a +70% hit. Or a school blade and an elemental blade. Same thing. So Wildfire plus school blade plus puppy blade (or elemental blade), +25%, +35%, +35% made a pretty good hit. Add a Strong fist to charm your card and a Feint on a boss and your job is done in the first hit. My tried and true method all through Celestia. Then we get to Zafaria. I couldn't figure out why my hits weren't doing the job and noticed my blades were disappearing. Am I imagining things? Did I cast a hit I don't remember? So I started watching. Sure enough, in the course of my stacking and them hitting my blades are disappearing before I could use them. Even the lowly bandits are sneaking them away from me. Is this some Zafarian magic no one told me about? A glitch? Certainly not fair whatever the reason. Could someone offer me an explanation?

Sydney Skyblood lvl 62 Fire

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
One word:

EARTHQUAKE

It's a six-pip Myth spell that takes away all blades, traps, shields, etc.

If a Myth enemy in Zafaria has 5 or 6 pips, do not place any blades that you'd like to keep. Instead, use traps and wait. Place blades only after they've run out of pips.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There are a few spells in the game which has the effect or removing charms (Blades) most as you should know, belonging to . A few examples are Leviathan, Sirens and Enfeeble.

Now, most of the mobs in Zafaria wouldn't be dishing these spells out on you, however, the mobs will definitely make great use of the spell Earthquake.

The spell removes all charms and wards on whoever it hits. It's a common spell used by Zafarian Conjurers.

This could possibly explain why your blades disappear prior to hitting.

In cases like that, I'd advise you waste no time in hitting.

Good Luck

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also, remember to do Wintertusk so you don't miss out on key spells such as Fuel and Power Link!

Or future school pets!

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Earthquake, ahhhh, that explains it. They were using that too. You guys teach me something new all the time. Thank you. I got my egg from Wintertusk and now have an awesome phoenix. Many good traits. Hmmm, just thought.....my elemental blades cost me one pip. I'm gonna try using traps instead and see how it works.

Later
Sydney Skyblook lvl 63 Fire