Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team up kiosk- getting penalized because

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
Team up kiosk- getting penalized because someone killed before I got into the fight. Shouldn't it be the one killing before everyone is in that should be penalized? It's not a big deal, but was just wondering why?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
With the team-ups, there was a problem where very high-level wizards would storm in and kill everything before the person requesting help even had a chance to join the battle. It was a huge problem back in Nov/Dec last year, so KI put a penalty in place.

If the battle ends without the original requester being in battle, NO ONE gets team up credit for that battle. Instead, there's a penalty of a ten-minute wait before anyone in that battle can use team-up again.

This doesn't always work out to be perfectly fair, as you saw. But it did help curb the abuse that was going on and it reminds people to slow down and make sure everyone is in the battle. Sometimes the person who first asked for the team-up withdraws before the battle even starts, with no one else realizing what happened, and in that case no one gets team-up credit.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Lucky Wizard on Mar 20, 2018 wrote:
Team up kiosk- getting penalized because someone killed before I got into the fight. Shouldn't it be the one killing before everyone is in that should be penalized? It's not a big deal, but was just wondering why?
I have a similar topic about the team up penalty.
In my case I was penalized because the person who requested the team up left before we were all ported to the battle.

I doubt the others were penalized along with me, because I was there before they joined the team up (briefly in there alone but I was distracted just long enough not to cancel), so it probably thought they joined with an intact team.

Either way it seems people are being unfairly penalized.

There is also one battle in Krokotopia, and I can never remember which one it is, that penalized me twice on two separate occasions although no one had left and no one was left out. It wasn't even a battle, it was a puzzle.

But yeah if someone 'attacks all' and wipes out the mob before everyone has joined, then it's too bad there isn't a way to only penalize that person, if penalty be a must.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
I agree with you both. Yesterday I was on my level 11 ice noob and had the Lord Nightshade quest so I decided to click team up. Seconds later I was in but I got stopped up by the dialog box and I got in late. First high level guy decided to kill before I was in. Then he had to rub it in by saying "gg". He saw that I was not in, and then picked his spell.