Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boxes and rushing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I just attempted to do the box in Zafaria for the first time. with 3 others whom I did not know. I am not sure what the problem was, but this being my first time in the Zafaria box, I was paying attention to what was being said and every aspect of this adventure. The people I was with were evidently in the biggest rush, than I had witnessed before. I couldn't leave the room before I was stopped by someone getting to the next person who had something to say. You can't move when that happens. As soon as I could move, I got stuck once again by the same issue. By the time I was able to move again, I was caught in the fight we had just completed. Why are these people trying to go so fast? They couldn't possibly have read anything the people were trying to say. I had to flee from that fight and lost the group I was with. Why do it if you feel the need to rush so fast through it? I totally don't understand that. When you play, wait for the rest of your group before beginning again, that was just so wrong! They made me feel like I didn't matter in the least. What is the point of playing the game if you don't enjoy what is being said and all the aspects of the game? What purpose is the game, if you don't bother to hear/read what they say and just try to go through the game as quickly as possible? I try to enjoy the whole game. Maybe I am the weird one, but I don't get it.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
My guess is that they weren't rushing because they didn't enjoy the story, but rather because they've heard the story before. I always take my time and read the dialogue my first time around, but after that, I'll skip it. After all, I already know what happens and it allows me to progress faster. This is especially key with farming groups. When players repeat dungeons over and over again hoping to get a certain item, the story gets old. They just want to get in and out as fast as possible.

While annoying if you're doing the dungeon for the first time and trying to pay attention, I think it's a stretch to assume that these players ALWAYS rush through the game. It's very situational. To avoid this happening to me, I usually try to solo new worlds or dungeons before I attempt them with others. It's usually more enjoyable for me. However, if that's not possible, you could always share your intentions with the rest of the group beforehand. If they're aware that you want to take it slow, they may be more respectful of that and wait.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Some people farm the BOXES event trying to get the sonic spring, or things like that.

I would just chalk it up to the randomness of who we get in team ups, and try again, hoping for a team that takes its time.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sorry that happened to you. I think we get this more with the boxes because they're only ever here for a limited time. People wanting to farm it for specific drops feel an even greater sense of urgency than farming other locations because the boxes are not always here. They might be rushing through their other wizards too and having heard the story before they want to get it done for the drops, badges, xp etc.

I think people assume the team will all want to go fast so rush on in without checking. If you let them know asap when you go in that it's your first time and you want to read the story and do the running about I think you will find people who are happy to go slowly with you - I know I would and so would all my friends. There might be some who sigh and have no patience...leave and start over until you find a group who respects you enough to let you experience it properly for your quest

You could ask a high level friend to take you through them. The boxes are easy to solo at high level so taking you through any of them would be easy to do