Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing for Friends :)

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
First off, oh my goodness how amazing is the new member benefit? I totally LOVE it! :D Thank you Kingsisle!

Second, this is something I've thought about a lot. I love fishing but I know lots of people who just don't enjoy it at all. I think it would be EPIC if Lucky Hookline didn't just buy our fish, but sold them too :)

Fish, unlike items in the bazaar, obviously don't last long before they go smelly and nasty haha. How about if Lucky Hookline made the fish he bought available for sale for 1-2 days? It would be so nice to be able to help friends out by selling the fish they want and for those who don't enjoy fishing it would be so good for them to have the opportunity to buy them.

I thought about maybe having a system to either sell it for re-sale or as a non-resale product, with different purchasing prices....but that's probably over-complicating it.

What do you all think? Should Lucky Hookline share his excessive fish collection? Surely he can't eat that many fish? :D

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Ah the eternal request for being able to buy fish.

First remember Lucky is not the only fishing guy in the Spiral. If you follow his quest line he sends you to Grizzleheim and Haarek Silverscale. From here we continue on...

Second on Lucky he is a bird that eats fish so I would assume he eats our trades

But remember the change would need to be to all of them not just Lucky. But what you really desire is the ability of the Elik Silverfist.

The reason some of the items we craft require fishing is to grow the side quests like this. Yes not all have the patients for fishing, but we do need it if we want to craft items ourselves or display our catches. Most items that we can craft requiring some fish are trade-able but not all.

Sorry this does not help.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Andhanni on Feb 20, 2018 wrote:
Ah the eternal request for being able to buy fish.

First remember Lucky is not the only fishing guy in the Spiral. If you follow his quest line he sends you to Grizzleheim and Haarek Silverscale. From here we continue on...

Second on Lucky he is a bird that eats fish so I would assume he eats our trades

But remember the change would need to be to all of them not just Lucky. But what you really desire is the ability of the Elik Silverfist.

The reason some of the items we craft require fishing is to grow the side quests like this. Yes not all have the patients for fishing, but we do need it if we want to craft items ourselves or display our catches. Most items that we can craft requiring some fish are trade-able but not all.

Sorry this does not help.
Thanks for your reply

I know Lucky Hookline isn't the only fishing guy, but we do establish trade with Grizzleheim and for convenience sake if fish were only available for 24-48 hours after they're sold it makes sense to have them all sold in Wizard City. I can't imagine people wanting the chore of visiting every fishing guy to find a fish they're needing.

Yep, Lucky is a bird, but even birds have a limit to how much they can eat in a day

I know incorporating fish into recipes encourages people to engage in the side activity but I don't think making fish available for a limited time after sale would negatively impact that. Having an option to buy them introduces choice. While people feel forced into having to fish it can feel more arduous, but having choice removes that feeling. If they can't find what they want for sale choosing to just catch them instead becomes a decision, so less frustrating.

Lucky selling his excess fish could also be fun for decorators and new players seeing different fish may be encouraged to buy membership to go catch them too.

I can see the upsides of this idea because it's my idea and so I am biased haha...I'd be interested to know if there are any downsides I've over-looked. If there are no downsides it would be cool if KI chose to add it to game