Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

MY audio is glitching!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2018
Hello. My audio has been weird for about a few days now. Sometimes it emits low-pitched beeps, and sometimes it repeats little snippets of sound like a broken record for about 2 or 3 times. I wonder if Cyrus Drake did this. I seem to be his least favorite student. - Belgrim MoonSword

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
This sounds a bit like you may be having audio card difficulties. This is some information from our Knowledge Base that may help.

1. Determine the manufacturer of your video or audio card: Audio > Open your control panel, click on "Sounds and Audio Devices" > "Hardware" tab > "Devices" > Click on the audio device then > "Properties" > "Driver" tab.
2. Write down the Driver Provider and Driver Version.

3. Go to the driver manufacturer's website and locate your particular computer and download the newest driver (you can check the latest driver they post with the driver version you have, if it's the same, then don't bother with the download - likely they've come out with a new one since last you updated though). If you have Windows 7, you can open device manager, and right click on the device. You can pick Update drivers from this as well.
After updating the driver, reboot your computer and hopefully, all is right in Wizard City!

PS: You can bypass all this by sending us a dxdiag & we'll determine your driver and send you the link to update if necessary:

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your ticket. You can send us a ticket via the "Contact Us" tab above.
How do I submit a dxdiag to Wizard101 support?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfo5PrlxoX4

If this doesn't help, please contact Customer Support and provide a dxdiag as indicated.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Feb 04, 2018
2 days ago the audio randomly started working again, but thanks for letting me know what do do if it happens again!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2018
Recently the audio has been switching from glitchy to fine every two days or so, so allow me to provide more information on the topic.

This ONLY happens while playing Wizard101 and nowhere else. I have a YouTube video this time.

(Link to YouTube deleted as it is against The Rules. ~Dworgyn)

Thanks - Belgrim MoonSword, Magus Conjurer , Evan LotusGlade, Novice Theurgist , Valkoor ThunderWraith, Novice Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 04, 2018