Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I think it would be fun to fight Zeke as a Boss...

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Who among us has not sometimes been annoyed with Zeke quests? Heck I still have three unfinished ones, because I get lost easily. Zeke is probably the only NPC who I have come close to hating.

I think it would be fun if there were a situation where Zeke challenged you to a duel.

Zeke: "I really like you but you seem overconfident. Where you are going next is no place for lesser wizards and I wouldn't want you to get hurt, so let's see what you've got."

Or he might say : "We have gotten to be good friends, but you have really crossed a line this time. I'm gonna have to teach you a lesson, young whippersnapper!"

I imagine Zeke as super high rank Life boss with maybe one million health and Everything Mastery amulet. He doesn't cheat, (at least not very much) he is just very strong and very smart. He is so hard to defeat, maybe you get a training point the first time you defeat him.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Personally, I love Zeke and wish he had a bigger more interactive role in the game. So, I wouldn't like this idea.

But, if the makers want to do it it would be a very big deal. I think a lot of his dialogues would need changing. Isn't it really clear from the beginning that he asks the young wizards for help because they are more adept than he? I've always had the impression he wasn't a wizard at all.

What kind of duel would he challenge us to? What would his skills be?

Survivor
Jan 24, 2018
No no no and no. I love Zeke, I think of him as my friendly grandad. Plus how many times have we re-hashed the storyline where we help someone and then they turn out evil and want to battle in the game? It's a really overdone concept.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Zeke actually helps out your Pirate once you get to Cool Ranch in P101.

Agreed that the battle the friend for whatever reason is a trope that has been overdone.

I'd love for Zeke to have more to offer than just his "Find the pun from this British Band item" Quests

But then, I'd love to see more of (yes I'm bringing it up AGAIN) Shelbus Gruffhart. He collects unique items from ALL over the Spiral, yet he's confined himself to Firecat Alley?

So no, no Zeke battles.

Steven Ghoststalker

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:
Personally, I love Zeke and wish he had a bigger more interactive role in the game. So, I wouldn't like this idea.

But, if the makers want to do it it would be a very big deal. I think a lot of his dialogues would need changing. Isn't it really clear from the beginning that he asks the young wizards for help because they are more adept than he? I've always had the impression he wasn't a wizard at all.

What kind of duel would he challenge us to? What would his skills be?
UNLESS
This would work, even for me, if Zeke was, somehow, a victim of the mind meddling that's going on.
But he'd have to be so strongly under their influence that it gave him magical powers too--
another problem is that it wouldn't be any fun if he wasn't his normal personality, but probably what ever Zeke would be like if he was ever mad. Then after he's defeated and thereby "rescued" we could go on a mission with him along like the companions we've been having (but not irritating like the genie was - it was just her, the mice and the mantis were great.)

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
Instead of this, maybe have Zeke as a companion who grants...say, 35% stun resistance and 10% accuracy. Eloise would give the quest and your objective is to find Zeke, who is in a large cave filled with monsters. Once you do find him, he accompanies you further back in order to find a certain thing that he's been looking for. Of course, there's a boss (with some minor cheats) in the back guarding it. After you finish the quest, he appears near Eloise like usual and then gives you the typical Zeke quest, maybe to find more of those things that you just helped him find.

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
My theory is that Zeke is secretly Merle Ambrose's brother.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I've always thought of Zeke as a friendly neighbor who's always asking to borrow your lawn mower or find his lost cats. Literally ;)

To me he never seemed like anyone who could use magic. So no, no to fighting Zeke.

What I want tho, is for Zeke to sell what he told us to find as housing items. We unlock it after we finish that worlds Zeke quest. I would love to have the Stray Cats and Smiths all over my houses.