Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WARNING Visa/Master/American Express/ Prepaid Card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2016
If you are using a prepaid card to purchase an item from Wizard101 be warned that they charge a 1$ pre-authorization fee. This means that if you wanted to purchase an item for the exact price that you bought the prepaid card, Kingsile will not let you make the purchase.

I believe that they should implement a system to add a separate prepaid card option where the authorization fee isn't required. The reason is because a prepaid Visa, Master, or American Express gift card cannot be reloaded. That 1$ is the only reason to why I couldn't purchase what I wanted when I had the amount of money required.

If anything this topic needs to be supported so that they add more payment options rather than just paypal and a credit card, since even when I link the prepaid card to paypal they still deduct a 1$ pre-authorization fee no matter the payment option. The system they have now seems unprofessional as they cannot do anything about it.

To sum it all up I had to go as far as trying to refund my prepaid card since it only allows purchases online and cannot be reloaded. The only reason why I bought that card is because I don't want to use my credit card online and realized they also accepted prepaid cards.

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there! Welcome to the forums!

The $1 fee you see if a short term fee, and will be removed when your purchase is finalized. That's how I see it. In addition, if the prepaid card is the one who's charging the $1 themselves then they have no right to since the original loading fee should've been like $5 on average.

From my own experience, I use prepaid cards with no problem. Also, I don't see why this is unprofessional? The payments KI (and most gaming companies) expect is either from a credit card or a prepaid Wizard101 Gift Card.

If you still see the $1 fee after your purchase then you need to contact KI support since this is a billing issue. For future references, search up similar issues that other have had: there are many cases.

I hope I helped! Good luck!
Jack Legend

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Hi there,

This is just to verify your account information. It is not an actual fee.