Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About Open Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2018
Hellou wizards and admins,

i got membership pre-paid card and bcs of that im not able to get open chat, but i putted my paypal info as payment method and it's wont let me get open chat. Is this cred card stricted?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
In addition to having an Active Credit/Debit Card on file, your account my symbolize an age of 18 or over.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2018
I think the problem may be simply that you've not enabled Open Chat. If you've made a purchase, go to My Accounts, Parental Controls and make sure Open Text is ticked.

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there! Welcome to the forums!

The only way to receive "open chat" is to set up an account that has a set age of 18+

Simply paying with a credit card/paypal/pre-paid gift cards will give you "Text chat," which is a more restricted version of open chat.

I hope I helped!
Jack Legend

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Jack The Legend on Feb 6, 2018 wrote:
Hi there! Welcome to the forums!

The only way to receive "open chat" is to set up an account that has a set age of 18+

Simply paying with a credit card/paypal/pre-paid gift cards will give you "Text chat," which is a more restricted version of open chat.

I hope I helped!
Jack Legend
Is this the new "only" way?

I created my son's account when he was 10 and put in 10 as his age, he recently turned 18 and it did let me change it to open chat with a purchase. Perhaps his account was created before this "we can not track ages of minors"??

Surely there should be a better way than lying about your age!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Jasmine3429 on Feb 6, 2018 wrote:
Is this the new "only" way?

I created my son's account when he was 10 and put in 10 as his age, he recently turned 18 and it did let me change it to open chat with a purchase. Perhaps his account was created before this "we can not track ages of minors"??

Surely there should be a better way than lying about your age!
I know this is late, but Kingsisle doesn't record your age if you put 12 or younger, so there is technically no age even stored on his account...

I'm really against the way the chat system works, and I seriously hope Kingsisle changes it someday.