Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Derankers Bullying

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2012
If you do Adept all the way through to Grand, you will know who I am talking about.
There is one guy who plays about 3-4 accounts, all level ranging from level 50 - 65. Has about 6 wizards, both female and male. All of them well under 100 rank for the sole reason to just rank down other lower levels for fun. A level 16 facing a level 50 balance with full gear, amazing pet and every lore spell that could benefit is not beatable nor is it fun. Why is this allowed? Even with the 5 minute wait time to face the same opponent, he's unavoidable because he will simply log onto another wizard.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2018
The only thing I can suggest is hit the report button and try and explain in about 4 words, if you're sure he's doing this maliciously. I started trying to do PVP for the daily quest but quickly gave up, it's disheartening to be paired against over-powered wizards using treasure cards to win quickly.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2012
InkPaperBlotts on Feb 3, 2018 wrote:
The only thing I can suggest is hit the report button and try and explain in about 4 words, if you're sure he's doing this maliciously. I started trying to do PVP for the daily quest but quickly gave up, it's disheartening to be paired against over-powered wizards using treasure cards to win quickly.
Yes he does, he calls nicknamed himself " zero hero " as do multiple others who do it. Doesn't seem kingsisle cares too much about it since a few youtubers do this as well and glorify it and no actions are taken place

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
KyleShad on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
If you do Adept all the way through to Grand, you will know who I am talking about.
There is one guy who plays about 3-4 accounts, all level ranging from level 50 - 65. Has about 6 wizards, both female and male. All of them well under 100 rank for the sole reason to just rank down other lower levels for fun. A level 16 facing a level 50 balance with full gear, amazing pet and every lore spell that could benefit is not beatable nor is it fun. Why is this allowed? Even with the 5 minute wait time to face the same opponent, he's unavoidable because he will simply log onto another wizard.
If KI made it so that levels were matched, then this wouldn't be happening.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 4, 2018 wrote:
If KI made it so that levels were matched, then this wouldn't be happening.
I don't have an issue facing higher levels with lower ranks. My level 60 balance is 1940 rank so i face exalts all the time. The issue is people deliberately ranking down with full gear sets, perfect pets and everything crafted to excel at their level to reach very high ranks but instead they just rank down to zero to bully lower leveled people

Survivor
Jul 24, 2014
KyleShad on Feb 5, 2018 wrote:
I don't have an issue facing higher levels with lower ranks. My level 60 balance is 1940 rank so i face exalts all the time. The issue is people deliberately ranking down with full gear sets, perfect pets and everything crafted to excel at their level to reach very high ranks but instead they just rank down to zero to bully lower leveled people
That doesn't mean it's still not the solution. The difference between an adept and a grand is so large that under no circumstance should they ever be thrown together into a 1v1. Calling this system some kind of "ranked" system is a pathetic joke that prevents this game from being fun.

PvP in this game has much less to do with skill than it does with raw stats. I don't care how good you are at this game, you are not going to beat me if I have more than 10 levels on you.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
KyleShad on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
Basically, he's dropping rating to mess with the system as you stated. Best to report this to KI and hope they get it sorted out.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
A simple solution to "de-rankers", is to the gear. If you lose below the level you attained the Commanders gear, Glendemmings, etc. then you lose the ability to wear the gear, until you have attained that rank once again. This would dissuade people from trying that exploit.