Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Camera Angles

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Brought up once in a while I need to say something.

KI provides a very up close and thorough view of each and every battle, attack, enemy reaction, damage done, blades, traps, shields, stuns... you name it! But it is very time consuming and coming from someone who manages their time poorly it's kind of a disadvantage. Anyways, I used to like the camera angles when I played the game for the first year or so I tried it out. Since then, I have developed a small sense of motion sickness when doing things like reading in the car, watching a flasy yt video, or simply playing a computer game ie Wizard101.
Since you can't just have a setting because of other players in the game/battle, why not make it an option? For example, if you're battling solo and you have camera angles and watching the attack off. Suppose somebody joins your battle but they have the setting turned on. The joiner would have to skip the attack scenes because the person who started the battle has it off, and it was their battle to begin with. It's like being invited to someone's house, you can't do whatever, you have to be polite and follow the overpowering rule.

Now, suppose that a group of wizards enter a dungeon and all enter battle at the same time. This would result in the option phase (which can go one of two ways). One being, you take a poll between wizards within a time range and the dominate vote decides. In the case of a tie, it would be randomized. Two being, each wizard has it on for a different setting (on or off). If the majority rule is on, then attacks would be shown as usual, but majority rule the other way would result in the quick attack setting. If there is an even number, then it would be randomized. If this was a multiple floor dungeon, they rule from the first battle would carry through the whole dungeon in each battle.

My third idea was having certain realms where the attack goes quicker, so if you're in a hurry or want to quickly complete a battle, you can go into that area with faster game rules.

I know this is unlikely an option for KI, as there's tons of coding that goes into this. But it was just an interesting thought I came up with for this because it does bother me some. I know others have issues to, but as much as I'd love for this issue to be fixed, I LOVE WIZARD101! I wouldn't change much, and who cares if my idea doesn't pass? It's good I put it out there, and that maybe all you young wizards can finally have a solution.

CHEERS! NO HATE PLEASE!
~ Alexis 74 fire, 28 myth