Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questing Troubles

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I am rerunning the game as my fire wizard is very far into Zafaria and I wanted to try a new school. I chose myth (because they're actually really good, and underestimated) and made the commitment to solo everything that I could which was any one boss dungeon that I could accomplish, and other shorter bosses. I've completed every side quest in Krokotopia and Wizard City. I'm at level 28, but I'm unable to do very well in Marleybone? What are some things I'm missing because it's becoming more difficult than I expected.

~ Alexis 73 fire
Fallon 28 myth

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My advice for Myth is to not use your minions ... except for the puppet. That little 0-pip wonder is like a free wand hit every single round (as long as he lasts). A lot of times, right up to Zafaria, my Myth would pull out the puppet and let him go to work while she set up a hit on both of the mobs.

Things you need to know about Myth:

1) It is actually one of the most challenging schools to play. You're going to have to learn how to target the weakest first and take your enemies down one at a time. You are also going to need to be able to heal yourself.

2) Your only effective AoE is going to be Frog, until you reach level 100. Earthquake does the same amount of damage but for 6 pips instead of four, so generally, Frog is more efficient. Earthquake will be useful against a certain boss in Dragonspyre who spams shields, however. It's got uses, but for street battles the Frog works best.

3) To do effective damage, you need multiple blades. You can't use traps that well with any of your spells, because your strongest single-hit spells are Minotaur and Orthrus (double-hits), and your minions will often use up traps before you are ready. Get as many different types of blades as you can, so you can stack them and buff up your friend the Frog.

4) If you can get a Maple Moose pet, that will be a game-changer. It gives you three Myth Fuel cards, which are invaluable for using your spells that have multiple hits.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 122
Emma Ravensong, 78