Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morph to what?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I trained with Diego today and he showed me the Polymorph Gobbler. In the training ring the gobbler threw a taco and caused 3500+ in damage. I looked in the bazaar and I was not allowed to buy any polymorph cards so I went to Celestia and trained at the moon machine and got my gobbler. His cards are wimpy although they have a taunt attached. Am I supposed to set up blades and traps before I morph? And then that's it for blades until I change back. I can't get to them. Where did the huge damage come from? I would like to know exactly what to do so I can go practice and experiment. I just like to know how things work so I can use them to my advantage.

Thank you
Alexis Dawnbreaker lvl 52 Storm

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
The taco did 3500 in the arena because it was a tutorial that ended at that point so they made the damage go up to defeat the enemy you were against. While it is possible to do this much damage normally the setup required would be better used on one of your normal spells

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
I think they showed critical doing an absurd amount of damage that isn't realistic

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Alexis,

If you recalled earlier, a couple of us advised you not to train any spells from the school as they're or for the most part, useless.

The intention of the school is to transform your wizard (polymorph) you into the item displayed on the card. So, as such, you'll inherit the weaknesses the school suffers from as well. Polymorphying into the Death Ninja Pig will have your wizard having boost to attacks.

Just some point of information.

Now, about your query.

Remember, Diego was just teaching a lesson through practice. The damage done does not reflect the actual damage on the actual in game spells. Such as when he called you when you were at level 7. The Storm Shark Card storm wizards could use only displayed a damage of exactly 300. Of course, you know that this is not the actual damage of the spell. He just used this as an example to better illustrate his point.

The purpose of the Gobbler is similar to an Ice Wizard or your Storm Water Elemental Minion.

He's suppose to taunt enemies forcing the attention away from others and towards you. It's for this reason why your wizard's health increases and you now have resists to all school (about 20% if I recall correctly).

So, no, you're not to charm up, but rather taunt up.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Yes Edward, I forgot being told not to bother with the moon spells. I try to get training from Diego as much as possible since it has helped me in the past. I may be at a point where too much info is not a good thing. I appreciate you explaining it to me especially since the other two didn't even get my point. It's time for my Storm girl to continue on.

Thanks again,
Alexis Dawnbreaker Storm