Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Something Needs to be Done with Jade Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 05, 2014
Luvdogs99 on Jan 24, 2018 wrote:
I'm in total agreement that jade gear is a problem in pvp and shouldn't be allowed at the very least in 1v1 (though I think it should just be banned altogether a team that has 2 or 3 jade gear healers and a hitter is basically impossible to beat if you don't use that same strategy yourself).

I don't think people truly single out juju and spirit guardian from the rest of the spam spells though. They just tend to get talked about more because they happen more often in the arena compared to spam such as lore and and shield spam with jade gear. All spam spells are a problem that needs to be addressed. If you take away spam spells then "strategies" that include jade gear as a main component become ineffective.

The gear still gives high resist true, but if you play smart then you can eventually take down someone with high resist if you're not constantly getting spammed with debuffs and shields every single turn or every other turn.

Better spells for hitting for life and death might get some people to start to play more offensively but it could also add to the spam problem if that is not fixed at the same time as adding the offensive spells. With a better offensive spell a juju jade spammer could simply spam until they have put enough debuffs on to safely cast a blade possibly 2 then hit and one shot an opponent with ease.

The same could be said of guardian spirit. Knowing they will come back to life a life wiz could simply cast guardian spirit then use the offensive spell when they have the pips between spams and eventually run the other wiz down since no one but another life wiz is gonna have big enough heals to keep up with what would essentially become 2 spams, spam of spirit and spam of the new offensive spell(after all if a life wiz uses shields while doing this then there is plenty of time for them to stock up on pips to attack then guardian spirit if they are close to dying).
I disagree if you gave them offensive spells a jade damage rarely goes above 10% so they would be their all day using them, most cast a minion or use Dark Nova so giving them better offensive options is a win win.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Spamming lore, wild bolt, etc is annoying but at least they are trying to win. My problem with jade gear and turtle tactics is when they are not even trying to win - just trying not to lose. My tactics against them is to give negative tactics back.

Yesterday I fought a turtle who did not pack any blades and his only offensive spells were earthquake and luminous weaver (also negative spells to remove my blades or add weakness). So I just stopped casting spells, but used the full 30 seconds before passing. Cast a few spells here and there to heal or kill any minions he brought in but it took him 3.5 hours and six reshuffles to win. I didn't shield and don't pack reshuffles so I should have been a sitting duck. But his offense was too weak to kill me and I don't have jade gear.

If people want long drawn out negative PvP battles (why would you pack six reshuffles to start with?) then I will give them to them. I'm happy to watch a movie, play other games, go away and have lunch etc and watch you suffer for your win. I know most of my PvP battles are quick and action packed - I don't know why anyone would want long drawn out battles every time.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
i totally agree with you it is getting way out of hand an they continue to not put a timer on pvp its just sad they got us typing for no reason thought this was a place where they make things come true we cant even enjoy pvp no more with out a jade :( i dont even pvp no more cause jades they need to fix this asap

Survivor
Sep 16, 2016
I wanted to share my concerns just as everybody else. I'm an on and off player for this game for quite a few reasons. This game has an abused pvp system, when people address their concerns you don"t quite get the message til you notice people not playing anymore, do realize these are most of the people who play almost day to day who contribute to your yearly earnings as they love this game, but you find a way to milk our pockets through these packs and limited time sales. I can't come after taking a break and noticing a new type of abuse in pvp, which is the jade gear + the spams. I've started this game around 2009-2010 and pvp wasn't so complicated. I'm looking for a resolution.