Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Overhaul or Rework

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
My first character in this game was a Myth, and I have quested him up to 120 (working on Empyrea) and I feel like I'm just useless on him. By no means is it for a lack of trying though. I've gone through and worked on getting decent gear and a decent pet, yet I always feel like I'm too weak to solo through anything. (108% Damage, 50% universal resist and 74% critical plus 36% accuracy and +80% power pip).

Literally half of my spell book is useless cards, the minions at this point are no longer effective and haven't been for some time. They aren't worth wasting the pips on anymore since they get one shot within a turn of being summoned. Myth is advertised as the solo school, but at this point unless your gear is next to perfect along with your pet, you're going to have a bad time. It's really sad to see that most of our spells have become obsolete.

Now sure, you may say Vassanji is a decent minion, but 1.) It's a 6 pip spell and 2.) It's non-PvP. I'm not going to waste 6 pips on a minion that's going to waste my setups for hits and one that I can't even use for other stuff. (Myth is literally advertised with minions and yet that can't be used in PvP???) On top of that Myth is still getting fed minion spells. Anyone remember Dimension Shift from Avalon? For those that are unfamiliar, it's a 6 pip spell that lets you trade hanging affects with your minion. It has never had a use in my spell book, and once again not for lack of trying. The minion almost always hits before I can swap and I also end up with the weakness and traps the minion has placed on it. Plus, for 6 pips I barely have enough to hit the next turn. Once again, not viable and obsolete.

My point being that Myth seriously needs another look. Granted some of that stuff helped early in the game, but now my spell book contains literal pages of spells that won't allow me any advantage in a battle and shortly waste my pips.

If Myth is going to be advertised the way it is, the minions need to be rebuilt, or Myth needs a new edge. Every other school has grown with the changes in Wizard101, except for Myth.

I've seen other threads that propose great ideas for minion reworking such as:
  • Allowing Myth to control minion casts
  • Making minions stronger in general
  • Giving minions the same pips at start as is required to cast said minion (even half would be better)
  • Maybe giving minions a percentage of the stats of their caster
  • Increasing the power on some myth minion spells

Now I'll attempt to address some of the counter to my argument:

• Medusa - Requires 8 Pips and the base damage is low
  • Earthquake - Low base damage, protection counter
  • Stuns - Almost every boss and some minions resist stuns at this point plus stun block is a zero pip spell that prevents that, as would conviction
  • Damage over times (DOT) - Fire's are almost all move effective and deal more damage
  • Witch's Housecall - the minion that spawns has 500 hundred health and almost always is destroyed

Please give it a look and help Myth out.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I agree with everything you said here. My Myth was abandoned in Avalon for the same reasons. Dimension shift is insanely costly. I mean, using up like 5 pips to summon a minion and then using another 6 pips for a one-time swap of buffs or debuffs... That's 11-12 pips, equal to 6 or more turns completely wasted with no damage being done to the enemy and plenty of destruction happening to my wizard!

And furthermore, why would I waste 5-6 pips to summon a minion, only to ensure it gets destroyed immediately afterwards? Even if Dimension Shift were 0 pips, there's still the 5 or 6 that I used up to summon the minion in the first place. That's 4 turns wasted in battle.

Other things that never made sense for Myth:

The supposed "minion school" minions have weak health and no resist.
The supposed "minion school" can only summon one minion at a time.
The supposed "minion school" can't control any of its minion's moves.
The supposed "minion school" can't give marching orders to any of its minions.
(For example, designate it as a tank, a healer, a shield-buster, a support minion, etc).

We can buy level 100 henchmen with 4000 health, but the level 100 Myth minion from Witch's Housecall only has 500?!

I was able to solo, at least up through Avalon, by not using my minions at all. The attribute of myth school that was supposed to help me go it alone, ended up being a complete liability in battle because the minions are too weak and too chaotic. That's IRONIC.

Alia Misthaven, 122
Emma Ravencaller, 78

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Freshta on Jan 23, 2018 wrote:
I agree with everything you said here. My Myth was abandoned in Avalon for the same reasons. Dimension shift is insanely costly. I mean, using up like 5 pips to summon a minion and then using another 6 pips for a one-time swap of buffs or debuffs... That's 11-12 pips, equal to 6 or more turns completely wasted with no damage being done to the enemy and plenty of destruction happening to my wizard!

And furthermore, why would I waste 5-6 pips to summon a minion, only to ensure it gets destroyed immediately afterwards? Even if Dimension Shift were 0 pips, there's still the 5 or 6 that I used up to summon the minion in the first place. That's 4 turns wasted in battle.

Other things that never made sense for Myth:

The supposed "minion school" minions have weak health and no resist.
The supposed "minion school" can only summon one minion at a time.
The supposed "minion school" can't control any of its minion's moves.
The supposed "minion school" can't give marching orders to any of its minions.
(For example, designate it as a tank, a healer, a shield-buster, a support minion, etc).

We can buy level 100 henchmen with 4000 health, but the level 100 Myth minion from Witch's Housecall only has 500?!

I was able to solo, at least up through Avalon, by not using my minions at all. The attribute of myth school that was supposed to help me go it alone, ended up being a complete liability in battle because the minions are too weak and too chaotic. That's IRONIC.

Alia Misthaven, 122
Emma Ravencaller, 78
Not to mention that Death school has more minions than Myth does, as pointed out on THIS THREAD. The relevant info from that thread is this:

(quote)
Myth has 11: Golem (1), Troll (3), Cyclops (4), Minotaur (1), Talos (1), Vassanji (1)
Death has 15 minions: Animate (14), Malduit (1)
(end quote)

If it's "the minion school" then it should have more minions that EVERY OTHER SCHOOL, but it doesnt.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Agree with all points made, but I did want to point out one special thing about Myth and its ability to solo....Monstrology. It is the only school that can summon up to three companions and whose health/abilities exceed that of the spell based minions.

Monstrology can be costly and time consuming, but it clearly provides Myth a huge advantage in PvE solo.

"During PvE combat, non-Myth school wizards can summon one monster through a created treasure card, but Myth players can summon up to three!"

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2017

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The thread below explains it all.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/ki-should-buff-myth-8ad6a4245f9ae6fb015fc37a0e325222?page=1

The Henchmen (even the level 20-50 ones) seems to be much more useful than the entire caliber of Myth's Minions. Pretty sad and embarrassing if you ask me.

I would like for KI to employ the same tactics used in creating their henchmen into the minions for myth.

My Conjurer was my first wizard I played because of solely what the school was advertised to be. One specializing in Minions. So, I bought the product (making a Myth) and soon after, I felt ripped off!

Because of this, I wiped that character from existence, much like the path the school seems to be going down currently.

's popularity sharply spiked because of the addition of the school's own and high boost in Critical.
's went up because of the major health and resists boosts the school enjoyed.
Etc.

While has been suffering a sharp decline because of the lack of attention being focused on the school.

So, if new ideas can be implemented for the other schools, why can't it for ?

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Oran of Urz on Jan 24, 2018 wrote:
Agree with all points made, but I did want to point out one special thing about Myth and its ability to solo....Monstrology. It is the only school that can summon up to three companions and whose health/abilities exceed that of the spell based minions.

Monstrology can be costly and time consuming, but it clearly provides Myth a huge advantage in PvE solo.

"During PvE combat, non-Myth school wizards can summon one monster through a created treasure card, but Myth players can summon up to three!"

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2017
While I agree Monstrology has good potential for myth I would like to point out that it was not introduced into the game until fairly recently. Add on to that the fact that I have to collect the essence and then get rid of the essence to make the card over and over.

So being able to summon 3 seems nice, but it is also costly and time consuming.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
UPDATE: Tried Crusher in Aerial Jungle for the 4th or 5th time after failing repeatedly. Used a Witch's Housecall, and it summoned it's worthless minion. I'd rather Witch's Housecall was updated with no minion spawn and just damage. The minion is the most worthless thing in the world. I sat there at half health and the minion casted a fairy on itself while it was at full health.

Oh and then it died one turn later because its health is so low. At this point I'd rather delete my Myth than continue to struggle through without any avail.

It's such a bummer to have put in all this time in this character and still be so sub-par that my efforts are almost always rewarded with failure because as a character I do not have the adequate skills and abilities to succeed. Something needs to change.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Detrieus on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
UPDATE: Tried Crusher in Aerial Jungle for the 4th or 5th time after failing repeatedly. Used a Witch's Housecall, and it summoned it's worthless minion. I'd rather Witch's Housecall was updated with no minion spawn and just damage. The minion is the most worthless thing in the world. I sat there at half health and the minion casted a fairy on itself while it was at full health.

Oh and then it died one turn later because its health is so low. At this point I'd rather delete my Myth than continue to struggle through without any avail.

It's such a bummer to have put in all this time in this character and still be so sub-par that my efforts are almost always rewarded with failure because as a character I do not have the adequate skills and abilities to succeed. Something needs to change.
If you want a "Witch's Housecall with just damage", you can use the Snake Charmer spell instead (or in this case, perhaps Mystic Colossus so you can hit both enemies). Though I do agree that the blading and healing eggs need to be less selfish.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Torpzun26 on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
If you want a "Witch's Housecall with just damage", you can use the Snake Charmer spell instead (or in this case, perhaps Mystic Colossus so you can hit both enemies). Though I do agree that the blading and healing eggs need to be less selfish.
So I can almost add Witch's Housecall to my list of almost useless spells. It's damage is less than snake charmer, requires more pips and summons a pointless minion. Even our Shadow spells are sub par.