Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life's Improvement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
Hello Professors, if you're reading this thank you so much for spending your time! Ok, now my point. Life needs a.o.e that's craftable. It would be wonderful if you could make leafstorm a real crafted spell! Or even better, make it a spell for every life wizard to learn at a lower level. Life is pretty difficult as is it, considering every school has a low level a.o.e. Death gets deer knight. Myth gets frog. Balance gets sandstorm. Ice gets blizzard. Fire gets meteor. And Storm gets tempest. If you can, I thank you for any news about this topic. Once again, thanks for your time and consideration.

-An average life wizard

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
An idea that is very familiar to many of us.

When I saw Leaf Storm, I smiled at the new possibility of KI probably listening to us. The smile quickly fizzled when I realized that the spell only came on a pet card.

So, I agree, I'd love the spell to be craftable (not dropped by Loremaster or from packs).

And if craftable, the Amber reagent be a maximum of 7 and not 10+.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I don't know if they will ever give life and earlier AoE. I think it they WERE to give one, I think POTBOILER would be a better choice. The reason why I think that, is because as it is right now, the item card version (which I know is the only one available right now) is stronger than Meteor Strike. Potboiler on the other hand is weaker. Even if they remove the Death Shield from the spell, it has a much better chance than Leafstorm does (based solely off of damage). That said, I am all for Life getting another AoE, and if it's leaf storm, I guess I can suffer through it :P

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Leafstorm, Potboiler, I don't care which just give Life a lower level AOE spell. Please.

If craftable, PLEASE make Amber just a tad easier to come by.

Regarding farming Loremaster to get items... I spent the entirety of yesterday afternoon farming Loremaster. I realize that Spells need to be RARE. But TC cards, gear given the list that Loremaster has available to drop it would be nice if I could actually use any of it. Not a single TC card worth my time, not a single piece of gear.

Could Loremaster at least drop according to school?

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Area51Alien on Jan 22, 2018 wrote:
Leafstorm, Potboiler, I don't care which just give Life a lower level AOE spell. Please.

Regarding farming Loremaster to get items... I spent the entirety of yesterday afternoon farming Loremaster. I realize that Spells need to be RARE. But TC cards, gear given the list that Loremaster has available to drop it would be nice if I could actually use any of it. Not a single TC card worth my time, not a single piece of gear.

Steven Ghoststalker
Even if it dropped according to school, most wizards, because they're above the "proper questing level" when they farm it, wouldnt be worthwhile anyhow. Yes, I agree with you that either would be a good spell to use. My point was, that I think people would be more likely to agree with a 4 pip AoE for life that was a weaker option since life isnt supposed to hit hard. I was NOT shooting down your idea. I was trying to be sarcastic and Im not sure that feeling came across correctly :)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree, Life does need a lower pip AOE spell and Leaf storm would be perfect. Maybe the spell can be dropped by someone in Krokotopia while questing or a quest by Professor Moolinda Wu? Potboiler is a nice spell too but it doesn't really have anything to do with life it's self. It's a spell casting a robot.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2014
As a fellow life wizard, I definitely agree. The thing is though, I don't think it should be craftable, everyone knows crafting is a pain. I think it should be TRAINABLE from maybe Zander, like the Gobbler spell was a new addition to Myth when the Arcanum came out.

Kingsisle please listen I'LL PAY MORE IF YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rylee GoldLeaf

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Jan 24, 2018 wrote:
I agree, Life does need a lower pip AOE spell and Leaf storm would be perfect. Maybe the spell can be dropped by someone in Krokotopia while questing or a quest by Professor Moolinda Wu? Potboiler is a nice spell too but it doesn't really have anything to do with life it's self. It's a spell casting a robot.
if you're going to go strictly with "what goes well with life" you're going to have a very hard time with spells. Potboiler and Leafstorm are already in the game, which is why people suggest them to be used. it would only take a slight tweak to make them available

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
dayerider on Jan 25, 2018 wrote:
if you're going to go strictly with "what goes well with life" you're going to have a very hard time with spells. Potboiler and Leafstorm are already in the game, which is why people suggest them to be used. it would only take a slight tweak to make them available
Not necessarily, Life has some decent spells. I played Life Wizards to the end of Emprea and I don't have a hard time with my spells A few of them may be a little weak but Life wizards are meant to be more of a healer not a power hitter. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against potboiler. In fact I'd love to have that spell but when it comes down KI choosing a permanent spell that fits more to a certain school, I feel Leaf storm will most likely be favored over potboiler because potboiler is more of a Mythly kind of spell with a twist of life but not life itself. Yet, anything is possible.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Continue from last post. Leafstorm and Potboiler are both 4 pip spells. Leafstorm does 345-405 damage to all enemies. Potboiler does 280 damage to all enemies + -70 death shield to self. That's why I prefer Leafstorm over Potboiler. I can always cast Death shield if I need it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Jan 26, 2018 wrote:
Continue from last post. Leafstorm and Potboiler are both 4 pip spells. Leafstorm does 345-405 damage to all enemies. Potboiler does 280 damage to all enemies + -70 death shield to self. That's why I prefer Leafstorm over Potboiler. I can always cast Death shield if I need it.
yes, it is weaker, but I know the general feeling is that if life were to get a 4 pip spell, others would complain it was too strong

4 pip spell breakdown by school

balance - Sandstorm = 255-295
death - doesn't have one. I dont count deer knight because it is NOT a trained spell, it has to be dropped or crafted
fire - Meteor Strike = 305-345
ice - Blizzard = 250-290
myth - Humungofrog = 265-325
storm - doesnt have one. I dont count Tempest because that's an X-pip

So, if we rearrange the schools spells by their maximum damage we'd get:

Fire
Myth
Balance
Ice

If we include life in the ranks (for both 4 pip spells, with damage as it stands now, without any nerfs):

Life (leafstorm)
Fire
Myth
Balance
Ice
Life (pot boiler)

Even if they removed the death shield and gave it a slight buff to 300 because of the death shield removal, it would be only MARGINALLY better than Ice's and still at the bottom of the list. Life should NOT have a 4 pip AoE stronger than Fire's. If they simply removed the shield effect from the spell, it would be only MARGINALLY weaker than ice's, which most people would say life should be - the weakest AoE. Again, that is why I recommended that spell; because it maintains the schools' base spell power based off of the school themselves. I have NOTHING against using leafstorm, except that it's too strong. They would have to nerf the damage big time, like cut it in half to make it palatable to the other schools.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Jan 26, 2018 wrote:
Not necessarily, Life has some decent spells. I played Life Wizards to the end of Emprea and I don't have a hard time with my spells A few of them may be a little weak but Life wizards are meant to be more of a healer not a power hitter. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against potboiler. In fact I'd love to have that spell but when it comes down KI choosing a permanent spell that fits more to a certain school, I feel Leaf storm will most likely be favored over potboiler because potboiler is more of a Mythly kind of spell with a twist of life but not life itself. Yet, anything is possible.
I never said they didnt have decent spells. What I said is that if you focus the spells' animations based off of "what fits the school, you're going to have a hard time finding one already in the game that would work, if not impossible". I never said that Life should be the hammer by any means. Perhaps a compromise can be reached then:

Leafstorm animation and name, with the damage of potboiler so it's not OP :) that's as middle of the road as you're going to get, using existing spells.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
dayerider on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
yes, it is weaker, but I know the general feeling is that if life were to get a 4 pip spell, others would complain it was too strong

4 pip spell breakdown by school

balance - Sandstorm = 255-295
death - doesn't have one. I dont count deer knight because it is NOT a trained spell, it has to be dropped or crafted
fire - Meteor Strike = 305-345
ice - Blizzard = 250-290
myth - Humungofrog = 265-325
storm - doesnt have one. I dont count Tempest because that's an X-pip

So, if we rearrange the schools spells by their maximum damage we'd get:

Fire
Myth
Balance
Ice

If we include life in the ranks (for both 4 pip spells, with damage as it stands now, without any nerfs):

Life (leafstorm)
Fire
Myth
Balance
Ice
Life (pot boiler)

Even if they removed the death shield and gave it a slight buff to 300 because of the death shield removal, it would be only MARGINALLY better than Ice's and still at the bottom of the list. Life should NOT have a 4 pip AoE stronger than Fire's. If they simply removed the shield effect from the spell, it would be only MARGINALLY weaker than ice's, which most people would say life should be - the weakest AoE. Again, that is why I recommended that spell; because it maintains the schools' base spell power based off of the school themselves. I have NOTHING against using leafstorm, except that it's too strong. They would have to nerf the damage big time, like cut it in half to make it palatable to the other schools.
Why are you comparing spells to spells of other schools and say who's 4 pip spells should be stronger. It don't always work that way. Spells it's self don't necessarily tell the wizard's strength. There is no rule in wizard101 saying certain damage intensity spell goes to a certain school. If you want to go down that rout, Take a look at every single spell in every school and compare them pip to pip, damage to damage and you will see many of them do not follow your organized list. Please don't get me started on this one. I can give you a big list of OP spells and it's necessarily for every school to have a few. Why? Because that's the way KI created the game meaning their math table on some spells may be different than yours, mine, even some other players. Many players will complain about certain spells no matter how Kl creates them because people have different view points how strong some spells should be compare to other schools. It's funny how people generally complain about others op spells but they don't complain about their own. I'm not attacking you. I'm stating the reality. :)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
dayerider on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
I never said they didnt have decent spells. What I said is that if you focus the spells' animations based off of "what fits the school, you're going to have a hard time finding one already in the game that would work, if not impossible". I never said that Life should be the hammer by any means. Perhaps a compromise can be reached then:

Leafstorm animation and name, with the damage of potboiler so it's not OP :) that's as middle of the road as you're going to get, using existing spells.
I didn't say you said what you didn't say and I'm not restricting my focus on animation spells based on what fits the school. All I'm saying is when a new permanent spell comes out for a wizard's deck and if KI chooses between potboiler and Leafstorm, most likely it will be a spell that fits the school's nature.TC and spell outside of your own school is a different story. Anyone can use them. In my opinion Leafstorm is good the way it is. If it gets nerf that's ok too. :)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I'd love to see a 4 pip spell added to the life school. It's only fair.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
If they can't give life wizards a 4 pip aoe, then give them a 7 pip/1pip spell in empyrea part 2, like I have a life questing in mirage right now and I tried to use wings of fate in so many ways and it is just way too weak. The 7 pip/1 pip spell can have 700-905 base damage and might be a bit more extra here but a heal OT that does 30+270 to the whole team, Like i am sorry but forest lord is just getting more weak as time goes on. I know slightly off topic here, but these are my thoughts

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Area51Alien on Jan 22, 2018 wrote:

Steven Ghoststalker
The key to Amber is buying extra houses to garden in (so you can still keep working the gardens you care about for snacks and treasure cards.)

Then you plant as many full garden beds as you have energy for in each yard of King Parsley. You need a lot of plants because the amber is still a rare drop, but you'll easily get there. But don't buy them all in the crown shop because they drop their own seesds a lot - feels almost as common as prickly bears. Plus over on the wiki there's the list of who to farm for KP drops.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
Why are you comparing spells to spells of other schools and say who's 4 pip spells should be stronger. It don't always work that way. Spells it's self don't necessarily tell the wizard's strength. There is no rule in wizard101 saying certain damage intensity spell goes to a certain school. If you want to go down that rout, Take a look at every single spell in every school and compare them pip to pip, damage to damage and you will see many of them do not follow your organized list. Please don't get me started on this one. I can give you a big list of OP spells and it's necessarily for every school to have a few. Why? Because that's the way KI created the game meaning their math table on some spells may be different than yours, mine, even some other players. Many players will complain about certain spells no matter how Kl creates them because people have different view points how strong some spells should be compare to other schools. It's funny how people generally complain about others op spells but they don't complain about their own. I'm not attacking you. I'm stating the reality. :)
because the board is filled with spell suggestions where people compare DPP of one school to another, and realistically, if they feel it's OP, they will say something about it :) How many times have we seen talk about the X pip spell and that nobody else's should be stronger than storms, or an in house healing shouldnt be stronger than life's equivalent, or a DoT that is stronger than fire's for the same number of pips. We see it all the time, so clearly there is a concern people have. That's all Im suggesting, not that *I* think that it needs to be weaker or stronger than one school or another. As for attacking me, it's all good, you're not coming across that way at all, but thanks for saying it :)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Helenie Nightseer on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
The key to Amber is buying extra houses to garden in (so you can still keep working the gardens you care about for snacks and treasure cards.)

Then you plant as many full garden beds as you have energy for in each yard of King Parsley. You need a lot of plants because the amber is still a rare drop, but you'll easily get there. But don't buy them all in the crown shop because they drop their own seesds a lot - feels almost as common as prickly bears. Plus over on the wiki there's the list of who to farm for KP drops.
I've only got 120 Energy at the beginning of the day (with the proper pet equipped). After I've taken care of my garden, I've got maybe 20 points left.

How do I run multiple gardens off of the energy it takes to take care of one/day?

I've got a second home (third if you count the Marleybonian Estate on a dormant Wizard). I just don't understand how to run multiple gardens on such limited energy.

Steven Ghoststalker