Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI, please look at the drops in the new worlds

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Dear Kingsisle. I LOVE this game that you have craeted for us. I have met a lot of wonderfully helpful people and enjoy the game immensely. However, you need to re-examine your loot drops in the newer worlds after Khrysalis. Let's compare 2 items, shall we?

Ring of the Hunting Wolf
L54+
+10 universal critical block,
+25% Outgoing Healing
+25% Incoming healing

Tear, Circle, & Square Sockets

Walrusk Seal of Graupal
L108+
+104 HP

+8% Incoming health
+6% outgoing Health

Square & Circle Socket

So, comparing the two rings, one you get 50 levels BEFORE polaris, is about 4 times better than the 108+ level gear. This is exactly the reason why I've disliked the drops from more recent worlds; they dont make sense when looking at older gear

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dayerider on Jan 19, 2018 wrote:
Dear Kingsisle. I LOVE this game that you have craeted for us. I have met a lot of wonderfully helpful people and enjoy the game immensely. However, you need to re-examine your loot drops in the newer worlds after Khrysalis. Let's compare 2 items, shall we?

Ring of the Hunting Wolf
L54+
+10 universal critical block,
+25% Outgoing Healing
+25% Incoming healing

Tear, Circle, & Square Sockets

Walrusk Seal of Graupal
L108+
+104 HP

+8% Incoming health
+6% outgoing Health

Square & Circle Socket

So, comparing the two rings, one you get 50 levels BEFORE polaris, is about 4 times better than the 108+ level gear. This is exactly the reason why I've disliked the drops from more recent worlds; they dont make sense when looking at older gear
Agreed. In Arc 2 I saved the gear for my other characters on my account. I've noticed I haven't been doing that in Arc 3 (I immediately recognize the gear as not an upgrade). Not to mention all the worthless seed drops with that underwhelming gear.

It has provided a continuous gold source without the need to explicitly farm for gold, but it seems KI should add some kind of "antique" drop to provide junk for selling purposes (like the treasures in Pirate101), instead of using gear for that. The equipment drops should be very slight upgrades to the last world's gear.

While I like the extended backpack potion they added, it is almost required to get it within the Arc 3 worlds, because there is just so much useless/sellable "stuff" that you acquire in a short amount of time.