Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadowwock

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
KI,

Is it really realistic to have a single monster have 51,000 points?

I have literally played the same boss about 30-31 times, and I am thinking about deleting all my accounts because people just wanna attack Shadowwock separately, not designate a hitter and pass around blades, shields and heals.

I am almost completely disgusted with the fact it took nearly 10 minutes to battle the east and west bosses, and all day having fruitless efforts with Shadowwock.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
It is a matter of opinion, on one hand they have been criticised for having too hard of bosses and than when they nerf the bosses they are than criticised for making it too easy. Judging from your post you are mainly angry that the player base is not as co-operative in your experiences as the fights you are regarding for yes I can admit that Grand Father Spider is a difficult boss however if you get a group of friends together bosses such as the Shadowwock are not that difficult if you come prepared. The moral to any boss within any game is that you have to be prepared as a group and it is easy to say to the company "You make things so hard that I can't complete them when I am with a group that doesn't co-operate"
had you of stated "I was with a group that we designated a hitter, healer, tank ect.." than that would be eligible to criticise the bosses difficulty but without the right group any boss will take you long and be frustrating.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
shadowock is pretty much the same strategy as Jabberwock, sadly a "team" would be able to do this in 3 rounds, but by team I mean people working together

there is a good guide for it on wizard101 central. I was actually able to duo this on all my wizards without and trouble, perhaps that would be a better option. Anyway be sure to check out that guide!

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Jabberwock is an iconic villain (one of my top 10) and no classic villain will be complete without something that makes them unique. In the Jabberwocks case, his most cheat is when he casts a 2500 meteor strike to all plays and then placing a 200% feint on himself. The Shadowwock is obviously an exalted version so of course he will be hard. I kind of like the challenge and I can see where your coming at, but these battles are the last of Mirage, until you fight Grandfather spider who is hard enough on his own. The plan I use is have one person hit, within four rounds blade him up and on the fourth when he cheats meteor strike, BOOM!. Take advantage of his 200% feint (because it only lasts one round) and that should kill him. Hope it helps

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Thanks to all that replied;

I actually passed this about a week ago. Had a Fire/ice and Myth/Death team. Kinda liked these people, because we won, yet at the last minute, one of the wizards was killed and fled as I was cued up to finish off Shadowwock (everyone else was locked in).

When I finally got to Grandfather Spider, I thought that my team would never defeat him. To get an assumed key for Empyrea.

Between resetting the Chronoverge and the 20+ rabbit hole quests to acquire the advancement to Empyrea, I must say the allusions to Star Trek are somewhat colorful.

Timothy Pearlflower, L123 Ice