Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Star Jewels and Pets

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
I finally found some star jewels in the Pet Pavilion, but I don't understand which one I would actually need. I like Universal equipment but I haven't seen a decent enough page that explains their functions to my satisfaction.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Timothy Pearlflower, L118 Ice

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Jan 5, 2018 wrote:
I finally found some star jewels in the Pet Pavilion, but I don't understand which one I would actually need. I like Universal equipment but I haven't seen a decent enough page that explains their functions to my satisfaction.

I will try to answer you the best I can. Each pet jewel offers a different stat often associated with its school except for opal, which is the universal jewel. Some jewels can only be equipped once your wizard or your pet is at a certain level. It is really up to you as to which one you want to equip onto your pet.

Here are some basic stats a pet jewel can give:
-Mana/health boosts
-Critical or critical block boosts
-Shield boost
-Damage boost
-Accuracy boosts
-Cards
-Fishing boost (increases your luck when it comes to fishing)
-Extra health/mana from wisps
-Increased gold percentage (from battles)
-Increase pip chances
-Increase your pet's Strength/Intellect/Agility/Will/Power
-Pet Derby Advantages

Hope that helps

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Jan 5, 2018 wrote:

If you're talking about the jewels that increase a particular pet stat (say, +25 will), that jewel will increase your pet's Will attribute by 25 points. In turn, any pet talent that depends on Will might also increase. Three talents that depend on will are damage and outgoing critical, plus incoming block. On the other hand, if you increase the pet's Agility, you will see a boost to damage, outgoing critical, resist and accuracy.

Where those jewels work best, therefore, is to boost one area where your pet is weak; or, to increase one area that will have a good impact on several talents at once.

The jewels you can buy in the pet pavilion are very basic, but there are also recipes to craft school specific jewels. I'd advise you to try that route. The crafted recipe ones can provide you with school specific jewels that offer damage "Giver" or "Dealer" talents, critical "Assailant" or "Striker" talents, accuracy talents, etc.

I also see that you're a high level, so rest assured that great pet jewels are dropping in Empyrea.

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Yes, it does help. I put a Life-giving Jewel that gives +6 to my attacks. My pet isn't a max stat pet, but I can't complain too much on his buffs:

Spell-Proof, Spell-Defying, Unicorn and Critical Striker.

Dane Dawnwalker, L83 Life